- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citibank NA
ICG (CB) - Regional Account Manager and Asia to Asia Champion
ICG (CB) - Regional Account Manager and Asia to Asia Champion
- Primary Location: Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18034404
- Growth and development of the GSG business based in Singapore, providing a balanced risk / reward framework to encourage business growth.
- Foster innovation, in particular through initiatives originated within the country team.
- Foster and leverage relationships inside and outside the organization, identifying the different stakeholders that could impact the GSG organization, building networks that go beyond strictly business related issues.
- Drive the most important strategic initiative focused on the Asia to Asia strategy.
- GSG serves a select number of world leading corporations that demand the highest standards and world class / quality coverage
- We strive to be the market's leading provider of financial services to local affiliates of Citi ICG Clients: the world's largest and most prominent multi-national corporations
- GSG RM is the central client contact in the country/region. Orchestrates the delivery and execution of the Bank's broad spectrum of products/services.
- The Asia to Asia (A2A) component requires end to end management of strategy, senior client contact and driving origination across the key A2A corridors. Additionally working closely to drive the National desks strategy (China, Korea and other EM) that complements the A2A strategy.
- Own a portfolio of accounts as the Regional Account Manager across predominantly Consumer & Healthcare and a few selective other larger names require senior coverage. Portfolio size circa $100MM.
- Enhance and evolve continuously the A2A impact and deal origination across the defined corridors. This will involve deal replication, team coaching and mentoring of desk teams, senior calling and strategy formulation. The A2A business growth is the highest amongst all corridors (approx. 20%) and an area of continuous investment.
- Industry specialisation to deliver better ideas, coverage and execution to our regional clients. RAM bankers will increasingly be experts in the industries they cover, working with the APAC regional industry champions, global industry groups, and industry focused investment banking teams to ensure we are delivering an integrated CIB to our clients.
- Complete P&L Ownership of the Client Portfolio including A2A across the Asia Pacific region including Japan
- As the Lead Regional Banker for the portfolio, responsible for leveraging the Citi franchise (regional and global) and delivering Citi to the client across the APAC Region.
- Responsible for Deal Origination (across TTS / LPM / Markets & CMO), Overall relationship returns (through Credit Optimization) and Cross-Sell (Revenue Gaps)
- Responsible for ensuring Seamless Delivery of the Citi network, lead client initiatives and bridge the geographic coverage gap between PAMs and the in-country SAMs and National Desk teams.
- Partner with the PAM Teams and be responsible for leading and driving the client coverage strategy for the APAC Region (this too will involve active engagement with the Asia PAMS for the A2A network strategy)
- Lead the effort with product partners to identify, structure and deliver bespoke solutions across the product universe. For A2A, support the various National desk events with impactful content and calling agendas.
- Understand and evaluate client risks and apply established policies and guidelines
- Responsible for Prospecting within the aforementioned industry sectors and be the knowledge champion for the Geography (intra-APAC) & Products as identified and assigned
- Capitalize on the structured funding and FX opportunities the current environment is providing. Strong knowledge of FX products, derivatives, structured lending represents strong pluses for the candidate.
- Identify and anticipate RFP cycles that would represent a window of opportunity to penetrate low 'share of wallet' relationships.
- Work on deep account planning, analyze share of wallet, competitive position of the bank and growth opportunities
- Develop relationships at CFO level and identify key CEOs and Senior decision making levels in order to incorporate strategic corporate finance solutions as part of the array of our offering.
- Important focus on Content Delivery by capitalizing on the work produced internally in Citi (e.g. FSG), industry expertise as well as by being fully acquainted of the external business, economic and operating environment in the relevant industry and within APAC.
- Build a strong pipeline of (i) Assets, both on Trade and LPM side, either traditional lending opportunities or structured lending solutions, (ii) Episodic transactions capitalizing rapidly on the dynamic environment characterizing Asia (iii) Guide the national desk strategy to originate more locally approved structured deals.
- Support and represent the Asia GSG Head as and when in senior client calls and internal meetings.
- Would anticipate 50% of time spend on direct portfolio ownership and the balance on A2A.
- Exposure to Senior Management
- Represent the A2A business and results internally in client councils and management reviews.
- Opportunity to take leading role within highly visible organisation
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
- Access to future developmental opportunities:
- Country ICG Head, or a coverage position in another geography (Senior RM, Banker, Regional Account Manager, Parent Account Manager) representing increased responsibilities
- Demonstrate in-depth and broad product expertise, in particular those with more complex characteristics: Capital Markets, Fixed Income and Derivatives, Export Agency Financing, and other Structured Financings
- Good understanding of the local / regional competitive environment
- Self-starters who are willing to OWN, LEAD and DRIVE the APAC client relationship
- Product versatility desired across Risk / CTS / LPM / Markets & CMO
- Experience in dealing with multiple geographies while working in coverage positions would be a plus
- Strong Appreciation of Cultural and Matrix sensitivities a must
- Overall banking (CIB) experience of 10-12 years of which, at least 5-8 years of Front-Line Coverage experience
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation and partner effectively with product partners and Banking colleagues
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication / presentation skills (both written & verbal)
- Analytical skills: quickly assimilating new information, differentiating which facts are relevant and which are not, and taking responsibility for decisions taken
- Open-minded, transparent, team-worker
- Able to establish and build relationships with ease
- Self-driven and self-confident
- Mature individuals with demonstrated leadership (at an individual transactor or team level) skills
- Experience working in Asia due to the nature of the A2A portfolio and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- MBA qualification or advanced degree would be highly advantageous (or equivalent experience)
- Credit Risk Officer /SCO Designation preferable.
- Respect for compliance & control
- Planning & Organization
- Cross-culture political skills
- Strong leadership & Teamwork
- Initiative and Pro-activity
- Be challenging, be provocative
- Strong communicator and ability to Connect Dots