ICS Programme Manager - T&I
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy & Business
- Establish and maintain a robust yet efficient Programme governance structure
- Facilitate monthly Program Steering Committee (PgSC) that provides clear and concise status updates of the Program, with timely reporting/escalation of Risks, Issues, and Dependencies to enable effective decision making by PgSC quorums
- Ensure timely updates and escalations of programme financials, resource management, and timelines
- Identify and manage Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Dependencies with relevant counterparts to ensure effective mitigating actions are put in place
- Work closely with Head ICS Risk, CIO technology Project Managers and CIO delivery teams to deliver outcomes that result in ICS risk buydown
- Timely maintenance of project artefacts in designated bank's repository in accordance to project management standards
- Manage a broad set of stakeholders including Global Risk Heads, Head ICS, Business Application Owners, Process Owners, CIO, Technology teams, ICS CISRO (2 nd Line), ICS TRP, Cyber Security Services etc.
- Close collaboration with Head ICS, Business Leads / Product Owners, ICS TRP, Cyber Security Service teams to ensure business needs are well understood across delivery teams
- Plan to address Cyber Hygiene gaps and BAU enhancements which require working across multiple technology stakeholders such as CIO teams, PSS teams, ICS TRP, Cyber Security Service, Head ICS Risk etc.
- Lead and facilitate an effective engagement model between multiple technology counterparts ensuring transparency of progress across delivery lifecycle
- Support the tracking of ICS benefits against risk reduction targets that support monthly reporting to Banking PRC, Cyber PgSC, Cyber PSC, ICS TRP Benefits PRC and other respective forums
- Balanced approach in Program Delivery that aims to maximise ROI, minimize rework, and ensure solutions are built for the long term
- Support/lead change management activities ensuring business readiness where applicable
- Ensure roles and responsibilities defined is observed and drive the right level of accountability
- Provide day-to-day support to Head of ICS, GB, CB and CF where applicable
- Ensure the design and delivery of initiatives are consistent with the ICS RTF Framework, Strategy and Solution, considering Bank's Policies and Standards, Regulatory Requirements, Threat Landscape etc.
- Support training and communications efforts where applicable - ensuring the right level of engagement to facilitate business readiness and hence adoption and business risk reduction is realized
- Apply a structured methodology to deliver change through creation/execution of a plan to support any change management activities to successfully land the changes
- To provide support on communications and engagement where applicable to smoothen adoption of changes
- Manage escalations, communications and updates to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that initiatives are delivered consistent with the requirements of the ICS RTF, ORF, SCB Policies/Standards, Regulatory requirements and in a manner, that ideally improved our Information and Cyber Security risk posture and result in lowering of ICS risk for our businesses.
- Adequately address the findings from Internal Assurance, Audit findings, Stress Tests, Regulatory findings and other BAU asks to focus on quick wins.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Ensure that outcomes delivered, including necessary controls are fit for purpose and meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the Project Management Standards, System Delivery Framework, and Committee Governance Standards
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Programme Accountable Executive (and his/her delegate)
- GB, CB, and CF COOs and his/her teams
- GB, CB, and CF CIO and his/her teams
- GB, CB and CF Head ICS Risk
- GB, CB, and CF Risk & Control Heads
- GB, CB and CF CISRO Lead
- GB, CB and CF Business Application and Process Owners
- Global Head, Cyber Security Services Transformation
- Group ICS TRP Business Leads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including regulators and staff.
- Atleast 15 years' experience in managing medium to large programs / projects with Agile delivery model as a Scrum Master.
- Advanced knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Have a track record of managing large programmes with multiple technology deliverables that cut across various teams
- Exceptional senior stakeholder management skills and ability to manage expectations, escalations etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, active listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities and expectations
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills - i.e. methodical and thorough
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle (both Waterfall and Agile)
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .