IT Operations Manager - Application Management Services
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- FIS Global
- 18 nov. 18
IT Operations Manager - Application Management Services
FIS is currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager who will provide platform Application Management Services (AMS) to join our team based in APAC (Hong Kong, Singapore or Tokyo).
Primary Objective: To manage a team of IT application specialists and operators responsible for the operation, availability and stability of an Electronic Trading platform in a fast-paced and dynamic 24/7 environment.
Reporting to the Global Director of Operations, the Operations Manager is tasked with supporting business and IT initiatives, delivering a highly available, stable solution to clients and enabling the required processes needed for the business to be successful.
The Operations Manager liaises with FIS teams both on a business level and IT level of understanding; acts as the technical point of contact to fix application and system related issues and to immediately address disruptions of service while meeting internal and client service level agreements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of production related topics with other teams such as Infrastructure Management Services, Client Services, Development, Project Management
- People management: Manage teams of support engineers, application specialists and project managers across the region.
- Proactively engage in FIS Continuous Improvement programs and methodologies outlined in the areas of Change Management, Incident Management and Problem management to improve platform stability and maturity where performance is measured month over month, year over year.
- Act as second level management escalation point for issues (first being the respective team leader).
- Provide timely support and status updates during incidents to stakeholders and upper management teams.
- Deliver excellent level of platform availability by exceeding internal and client service level agreements.
- Empower the team with proper tools and procedures to detect and prevent production related incidents.
- Document and execute platform support and activities via Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Develop scripts and tools to ensure flawless release management and change execution, to continuously automate of manual tasks and to properly monitor the platform.
- Prepare the team and platform for the unexpected by participating in rigorous and frequent failover testing scenarios and Disaster Recovery exercises (FIS, Industry and Client mandated)
- Own the Business Continuity plan of the AMS team as per the SLA requirements.
- Manage the day to day relationship between the FIS business teams based on FIS' global SOP's
- Lead platform maintenance projects including tracking and coordination with internal and external parties.
- Proactively work to progress the architecture and overall design of the systems as a corporate asset in supporting business objectives.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational roadmaps which align with the overall organization's objectives to achieve benefits such as enterprise-wide scalability, risk mitigation and continued delivery objectives.
- Present and leverage technical information and solutions in a way that establishes rapport, persuades stakeholders and achieves understanding and consensus at all levels.
- Work with management to assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, along with the current technical environment and technology options, to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs and build multi-year platform/product roadmaps.
- Due to the nature of IT Operations and management of a 24x7 environment, this role will at times require evening and weekend commitments
- High level of skill with managing people, relationships, processes under internal and client pressure
- Experience in complex large financial organization as a production support manager
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior managers, managers, staff, HR and customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English with emphasis on anticipating the next question
- Excellent problem solving, organization, analytical and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in terms of operation stability, but also in terms of communication with colleagues and staff under difficult situations with potential business losses.
- A calm, professional and assertive manner at all times is an essential requirement.
- Proven ability to foster a learning environment amongst the team and focus on peer development.
- Proven IT Operations project management experience.
- A hands-on manager getting involved directly when needed.
- Fostering Team spirit - work with other team members in a positive and supportive way.
- High energy level and positive attitude.
- Results oriented.
- Adaptable and versatile.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Ability to lead incident management.
- Project Management
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or related subjects
- Experience managing a team locally and/or globally
- Capable of understanding new technical challenges and of applying solutions and operational process
- Relevant experience with Electronic Trading and Market Data support management (team leader experience at a minimum)
- Previous experience within a Broker or electronic trading related vendor
- Hands-on experience resolving complex service issues
- Very good knowledge of a trade life cycle and trading system requirements
- Previous exposure to Exchange connectivity and protocols (FIX, TCP, UDP…)
- Infrastructure knowledge, hardware as well as network
- English speaking and written communication essential, fluency in other languages is an advantage.
- FIS or similar vendor product knowledge, a core base knowledge of electronic trading order management and market data systems is an advantage