- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citibank NA
Information Security Big Data Specialist
Information Security Big Data Specialist
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18028423
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
In support to the Cyber Security Fusion Center (CSFC) mission [KJ1] , the product & technology team is responsible for researching, developing and deploying various technologies. As such, desired staff members are responsible for developing various solutions and automation capabilities to support the timeliness and efficiency of analyzing and visualizing the CSFC data that is gathered from a variety of heterogeneous sources. In support of the data analytics groups, the following are the main responsibilities and requirements for the data specialist in support of Big Data and Statistical Modeling technologies, methodologies and techniques.
In order to achieve the above results, this position will be responsible for the below functions :
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Designs, builds [ , and maintains centralized storage repositories for archiving, querying and data mining of fusion center data of interest
- Designs, tests, and maintains multiple databases with feeding work streams.
- Analyzes new data sources and create/modify databases to onboard data to SQL and no-SQL Databases
- Uses and builds upon technical expertise in Big Data systems and technology, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Impala, Hbase
- Uses and learns to use basic Linux terminal commands
- Programs in many languages such as Python, C, Java, Perl and others
- Uses or learns how to program in SAS, Alpine or other tools to piece together propositions and discover potential patterns and correlations by applying statistical and machine learning concepts
- Creates complex SQL queries
- Derives important insights from datasets and communicates these insights clearly
- Assists Fusion Center partners and Citi business sectors on how to develop a data derived and sensor driven analysis to achieve common strategic goals
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, data analysis or equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding and interest in the cybersecurity aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Non-Technical Skills Required:
- Strong customer and quality-focus is a must.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work effectively under pressure.