The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is responsible for technical leadership and delivery in our DevOps consulting engagements. The engineer assists in the development of enterprise DevOps strategies and develops automated scripts to build and environment drift process. Must have strong problem solving abilities, be able to work both at high and low levels of detail, have excellent communication skills and have experience infrastructure management.
- Develop and maintain Chef cookbooks for environment provisioning.
- Develop and maintain Chef cookbooks for environment drift.
- Build out common services that every application can use and consume to monitor, visualize and diagnose their applications and infrastructure.
- Work with manage test environments team members to refine and clarify requirements for environment provisioning.
- Environment management and daily health checks.
- Able to co-ordinate with different teams to understand the requirements and prioritize the delivery.
- Implement approved monitoring solutions and on-board applications on to that solution.
- Hands on experience in environment management using CHEF.
- Proven knowledge on CHEF cookbook development.
- Experience in the Chef Infrastructure Automation.
- Hands on experience in writing and maintaining Chef cookbooks.
- Strong knowledge on infrastructure.
- Knowledge in Automation tools.
- Good knowledge on infra monitoring tools like Geneous, CA Wily.
- Good handle on industry-wide application and infrastructure monitoring tools and hands-on experience in implementing and on-boarding those tools.
- Should have good knowledge on DevOps tool set.