Infrastructure Engineer - Transport
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team ofinnovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use adisciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a widevariety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable,resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products youdeliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional,you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers,clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems,and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performingteam to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of businessdrivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvementsand world-class practices. Your teamwill be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complexprograms that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you toprovide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knitteam that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access the bestminds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. globaltechnology community, and through our partnerships with some of the mostimportant tech firms in the world.
In this roleyou will be part of a team of engineers building and supporting one of thelargest enterprise networks in the world. Your focus on automation and the development of micro services insupport of the provisioning and management of the optical network will positionJPMorgan as a technology leader in the optical networking space.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: HardwareArchitecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), HardwareBenchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance,security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers andtheir impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practicesand JPMC policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and delivermultiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management atechnical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL,Python)
- 5+ years of telecommunications experience specializing inlayer 1 transport and above
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in computer science,information systems, computer engineering or related engineering field
- Expert level knowledge and experience with DWDM, SONETsystems design and operations
- Expert level knowledge and experience with telecom carrierservices (TDM, Ethernet, etc.)
- Understanding of fiber optic types and characteristics
- Ability to create detailed engineering design documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Customer focused
- High technical knowledge, and possess the ability tocommunicate in business terms
- Excellent planning, problem solving, and decision makingskills
- High level of personal commitment and demonstrated abilityto work independently as well as a member of a larger team working on the sameproject or task
- Ability to function as a team member, but have a provedtrack record as a self-starter
- A strong ability to manage project risk is essential
- A plus to have TCP/IP, Cisco Router experience, CCNA, CCNP,ITIL
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.