Institutional Credit Risk Management - Counterparty Exposure Management – VP
Individual will work as part of Counterparty Exposure (CPE) team under the global Institutional Credit Management (ICM) group and be responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling counterparty risk for institutional clients. Analyzing portfolios and businesses, with a focus on counter-party and collateral risk to ensure the risks are being properly measured and controlled in accordance with the Firm's risk policies. Job Background/Context:
Institutional Credit Management (ICM) is a critical component of Citi's First Line of defense for wholesale and counterparty credit risk management and works with Independent Risk teams to ensure best-in-class risk and controls, as well as client responsiveness. Key responsibilities of the group include credit analysis, documentation, risk identification, exposure monitoring and stress testing. ICM coordinates with credit management groups across ICG businesses to ensure full alignment on business and regulatory goals, as well as consistency and best practices where appropriate.
Counterparty Exposure (CPE) is a global team within ICM responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling counterparty risk. To fulfill this role, a risk professional is required who has experience in market risk management and credit risk management areas, or has training in finance, mathematics or other quantitative fields. Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor client portfolios to ensure that risks are controlled - primarily credit risk arising from market sensitive exposure and liquidity risk
- Work with Sales trading and clients to analyze client portfolios, propose counterparty risk limits and work with Credit risk management on getting limits approved
- Perform daily and weekly risk analysis and reporting on existing client portfolios as well as customized risk analysis on new client portfolios
- Communicate key findings to senior management and act as the chair for in-business risk forums as appropriate.
- Work with business managers and In-Business Risk teams on margin model development, new product approvals and realtime monitoring and controls
- Put together presentations and documents for internal and external use on various topics including describing the functions of the Risk Group, stress methodologies, and summarizing risk issues.
- Analyzing control environment including periodic review of the control environment, vetting of new systems, processes, policies and procedures associated and related to market and/or credit risk and ensuring they are in sync with market practices.
- Develop and utilize risk management tools for the measurement, monitoring and management of exposure and participate in project management of strategic risk infrastructure development.
- Represent the department to various independent risk teams, auditors and regulatory agencies on issues related to counterparty risk and controls.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- The team is new giving opportunity to expand the role as the function grows.
- Learn about risk management and Financing products more broadly.
- Influence the strategic direction of the Bank from a risk management perspective.
- Build solid market/credit Risk experience as we use cutting-edge risk models and techniques.
- Experience with managing market or credit risk OR training in finance, mathematics or quantitative fields
- Relevant market risk experience across multiples asset classes including rates, equities, credit and commodities
- Experience in working on large scale risk technology projects
- Large scale project management skills spanning risk and technology
- Development and lead the effort in implementation of class leading risk methodologies, margin models and technology.
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail and a demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical issues through quantitative modelling and assimilation of data into a working product
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams from Business, Credit, Operations and Compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound risk and business judgment
- Stress testing skills essential, instrument modelling skills desirable.
- Strong Excel skills ideally incorporating VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Programming skills in Python, R or other statistical languages is a plus
- Bachelor's/University degree in mathematics, science, finance/economics or a related field required
Job Family Group:
- Good communicator.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting