Internal Audit - Business Auditor for Private Wealth Management, Manager/ Senior Manager (Singapore)
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities trading, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Internal Audit Department
Within Morgan Stanley, Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the Firm’s franchise.
The Asia Internal Audit Department is responsible for audits across all Morgan Stanley businesses in the region. The audits are designed to assess the adequacy of the control environment and to provide the Board Audit Committee and relevant regional committees with an independent assessment of risk across the Firm.
Morgan Stanley is currently seeking an experienced auditor (Manager/Senior Manager) for its Singapore-based audit team covering the Private Wealth Management as well as the Institutional Securities businesses in Asia. The role also involves maintaining client relationships within a defined portfolio of businesses or departments. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit Department in performing risk assessment, monitoring and planning; executing audits; communicating to senior management those areas requiring control enhancements; and providing recommendations for improvements. Audited functions include: private wealth management and sales and trading (equities, fixed income and commodities) business activities, together with operations, finance, risk management, compliance and legal processes.
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Private Wealth Management Audit Coverage Manager/South East Asia Location Audit Manager, this role is responsible for performing risk assessments and assisting in planning, executing and reporting on integrated financial and technology audits with involvement in the following areas:
• Perform ongoing risk assessment, monitoring and planning through interacting with our key stakeholders
• Plan and perform business audits across Asia
• Communicate effectively with management and staff at all levels, both locally and overseas
• Co-ordinate with auditors within the team and around the globe on multi-region audits to ensure timely and effective completion
• Discuss and finalize audit findings with auditees
• Draft concise audit issues and reports
• Verify the closure of audit issues and actions
• Be consistent in applying strong internal audit methodology standards
• University degree in a business discipline e.g. Finance or Accounting
• Master’s degree or professional qualifications (e.g. FRM, CFA, CPA/CA, ACAMS) preferred
• 6-10 years of relevant professional experience with international accounting firms or financial institutions
• Excellent communication skills English
• Have a good understanding of Private Wealth Management investment products, advisory, sales practices, client suitability, AML/CFT, operations as well as sales and trading processes and internal controls
• Good knowledge of banking regulations in Singapore and Hong Kong
• Strong analytical skills
• A team player with ability to work independently
• Thorough in work, attention to detail and uncompromised in quality
• Most importantly - integrity, self-motivated, eager to learn, courage to withstand push-back and a good sense of professional skepticism.*LI-GK2