Internship (IT), Developer (API)
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd
- 18 févr. 19
Internship (IT), Developer (API)
We are offering a 12-week structured summer internship programme which will put you through actual projects with plenty of opportunities to learn from your mentor. You will expect to gain insights and experience that will give you an edge when making the next leap in your career.
As an intern in the team, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Competency Centre. With recent rapid pace of innovation like fintech startups ( http://income.com.sg/future-starter/startups.html ), government initiatives from Monetary AuS and expanding business partnership, Income is expecting more collaboration with external party using Application Programming Interface (API).
Income is currently looking for an API platform that is able to:
- Create easy to manage and well-designed APIs from existing services
- Enable API consumers and app developers to build innovative, engaging apps, by providing frictionless self-service onboarding, easy access to API keys and API secrets, and rich interactive API documentation
- Drive developer adoption and help build a community of internal and external (i.e. partners and independent third-party) developers
- Extract operational and business insights from our API and app ecosystem
- Provide the ability to monetise APIs using different rate plans
Advisor : A key part of our APIs is exposing them for our customers or partners to use. We make this possible by documenting them and creating useful examples for them to understand the APIs.
Programmer : Our APIs may be used by our public-facing website, mobile apps, and external clients. We may need to build some parts of our APIs from scratch so experience with programming and object-oriented language is a plus.
Pioneer : There may be new technologies and development techniques introduced by the API platform. We will need to evaluate these new technologies and find creative ways to adapt them to our current environment
Investigator : Do you like getting to the bottom of a problem? Our APIs play a central role in how all of our systems interaction so switching gears and tracking down potential bugs can come at a moment's notice.
We are looking for a talented problem solver to help us while we conduct a Proof of Concept (POC) project to select the most suitable API platform for Income. We will use the API platform and technologies like XML, Java, JSON to build actual manageable and reusable APIs for our clients during this POC. Click on the apply button if you are/ have:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Basic Knowledge of API design using API description tools such as Swagger, RAML, etc
- Good software design and software development skill
- Exposure to software integration, SOA or API technology
- Experience in programming, system integration and application deployment
- An innovative mind-set, think outside the box
- Good people skills to face business users and technical teams
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Ready to challenge status quo with new and emerging technology to address new business challenges