Currently we are looking for a Java Developer in Singapore
- Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders in order to achieve the best desired outcome
- Responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience.
- Breaking down the system functions into multiple-tier API layers and micro services
- Collaborate with team members on reviewing requirements, designs, and code refactoring for appropriateness and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards, regulatory requirements and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function.
- Provides accurate estimates and status to management, raising issues appropriately.
- Be able to demonstrate you can work with distributed teams
Essential Experienced and Skills
- A minimum of 6 years' IT software development experiences with strong experience in Java 8 or above, Spring, Restful Services, Spring Boot and micro-service based architectures.
- A track record of delivering change on architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions, preferably in a financial institution.
- Good understanding of both RDBMS & NoSQL databases technologies such as DB2, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis or equivalent.
- Experience of containerization, ideally using Docker / Kubernetes.
- Hands-on technical expertise, acquired through delivering Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS and / or Azure) into a large enterprise.
- Strong experience in DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven or equivalent.
- Good understanding with messaging services such IBM MQ, Kafka or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic and team player experienced working with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Real passion for elegance and efficiency in software engineering and always strive for continuous improvements via automated processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and fluent in English (Mandarin will be a plus)
Desired Experienced and Skills
- Demonstrable experience of designing Cloud solutions using a combination of cloud native, 3rd party and on premise technologies.
- Good understanding of the challenges and constraints of migrating from existing systems and platforms to Cloud based technologies.
- Good understanding of micro services and service mesh concepts like Istio, Nginx
- Experience in deployment & configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible
- Prior experience in Banking and Financial product knowledge is an advantage.