About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Corporate Banking Relationship Manager to lead the coverage and relationship management of a designated portfolio of Australian and selected Southeast Asian corporate banking clients based in Singapore In this role, you will:
- Business development
• Focuses on structuring and executing transactions and supports more senior staff with financial/credit analysis for corporate banking customers.
• Duties shall include representing the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships; actively participating in the completion of transactions for the most important and strategic clients.
• Responsible for growing and maintaining a portfolio of clients in assigned market through pro-active, strategic and consistent business development, client retention, and prospecting efforts.
• Develop relationships with client key decision makers
• Responsible for delivering the full platform of Wells Fargo's capabilities including investment banking and capital markets, FX, Global Treasury Management, Trade, Credit and other Risk Management Solutions
• Process larger syndicated transactions where Wells Fargo has a lead role and be active in providing financial advice, ideas and solutions to client base
• Knowledge of Australia/ Southeast Asia markets
• Perform analysis of the client's situation, including risks, challenges and potential opportunities.
• Responsible for developing presentation and pitch materials for client meetings and internal discussions.
• Shall take ownership of and lead follow-up items after client meetings/calls to ensure that business momentum is maintained and promised deliverables are achieved. Sees items through to resolution to support broader deal team/organization.
• Should be able to help cover the Regional Head in his/her absence.
• Shall provide coaching to junior members within the team.
• Steer discussions with capital committees and independent credit risk committees
- Compliance Risk Management
• Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and Wells Fargo rules, policies, and regulations
• Ensure compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk.
• Collaborate extensively with Control, Compliance, Risk, and Relationship Management Support Team.
• Ensure compliance with WF expenses policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Credit Risk Management
• Assist Portfolio Managers in the management of the credit portfolio and credit risk that includes development and execution of a credit strategies; reviewing credit requests; support the effective management of [country and] counterparty limits and using market intelligence to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and credit risk.
• Develop credibility with Credit Risk management in support of growth of appropriate credit risk portfolios.
- 5+ years of Corporate Banking Relationship Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- University degree
- Work experience in the banking industry of 8 years or above, of which 5 years should be related to corporate banking
- Possess debt capital markets origination experience
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia corporates will be advantageous
- Knowledge of and experience in investment banking and capital markets, FX, Global Treasury Management, Trade, Credit and other Markets products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of compliance and risk policy, especially KYC and AML risk.
- Highly self-motivated and be able to pro- actively initiate new ideas to generate businesses
- Fluency in various Asian languages (oral, reading and writing) will be an added advantage
- Licensed with [Dealing in Capital Markets Products that are Securities and Advising on Corporate Finance] or [Dealing in Securities, Advising on Securities, and Advising on Corporate Finance] within 90 days if it is not available upon hire
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.