Lead Mobile Developer - nexus
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Want to join the nexus team shaking things up in the banking world? We're looking for fun, hardworking, results-oriented individuals to join nexus, the team responsible for Standard Chartered's brand new, Banking-as-a-Service solution. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop a new platform (greenfield project) from scratch.
• Initial design, coding & functional testing for private cloud deployment
• Develop mobile applications in React Native.
• Control mobile application development, architecture and infrastructure design, technology build and deployment activities on multiple platforms
• Assist in refining and enhancing mobile architectures and frameworks
• Coordinate and work with clients and offshore teams
• Work towards providing clarity in ambiguous environments
• Articulate client requirements into technical architecture
• Working in highly collaborative, fun loving team using Agile methodology
• "Write code for others, not for yourself" - your code will be visible to thousands of developers Knowledge and Skills
• Hands-on React Native and/or Android/iOS Native mobile app development experience
• Working familiarity and understanding of the back end, i.e. REST APIs, SQL/NoSQL Databases or similar experience with remote data via RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements or supporting mobile app development as part of a team
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
• Knowledge of asynchronous messaging middleware is a plus
• Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
• Knowledge Software Development
• Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.