We are a well established family office with significant AUM and business interests in the region. As part of growth, we are seeking for a dynamic individual to join us as Lead Portfolio Manager (Fixed Income).
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage fixed income portfolios (internal portfolios and outsourced mandates) with a small team.
- Provide leadership in idea generation and portfolio construction to these portfolios, ensuring good, complete coverage of the Fixed Income universe as well as striking up strategic relationships with key players in the Fixed Income markets.
- Cash Management: Provide and execute cash management needs to enhance return from these floating cash.
- Internal FI Portfolios: Work closely and lead the team, harnessing their individual competencies in macro and credit analysis, constructing and adapting portfolios to changing environment pro-actively, and giving due consideration to risk management within these portfolios to minimize undue risk and capital losses.
- External Manager Management: Conduct due diligence on external fixed income managers, monitor developments within this space and potential managers for future appointment/replacement. Actively cultivate strategic relationships with existing managers for investment ideas and market intelligence to complement the team.
- Investment Process:
Internal: Ensuring a proper framework for developing macro view, reviewing securities opportunity, and monitoring existing holdings. External: Adhere to existing manager selection and monitoring framework, enhancing this over time to ensure outperformance vs. given benchmarks, and good flow of investment ideas and market intelligence.
Regular Update: Provide pro-active regular updates on these portfolios’ positioning and performances, providing steps taken to enhance return, mitigate risks and underperformances, when needed. Alert and highlight adverse developments occurring with individual issuance, providing recommendations on actions to be taken in response to these.
- Performance: Achieve the objectives of outperformance of respective benchmarks given to each of these fixed income portfolios, over the 3 to 5 year periods, within approved investment mandates and guidelines
- Team: Providing proper guidance, ensuring proper and good coverage of fixed income markets, enhancing and deepen their skillsets in credit analysis and macro-coverage, and providing necessary professional developments to the team..
- Preferably 10+ years in reputable asset management / investment firm managing a significant global fixed income portfolio, with a proven track record in managing
- Must be independent and pro-active in the management of these portfolios, driven, with integrity and discipline to adhere to given guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong capabilities in generating realistic top down views of the world and translating these into viable and consistent portfolio strategy in terms of duration positioning, credit bets, country/regional positioning, etc.
- Demonstrate good credit analysis capabilities across the entire credit quality spectrum
- Demonstrate strong portfolio construction skills in response to an evolving macro environment
- Experience and adhere to robust due diligence process on manager selection, monitoring and recommendation process for “good” fixed income managers.
- Develop deep, constructive strategic relationship with appointed fixed income managers, with the objective of tapping on these for market intelligence, investment ideas, and sounding board.
- Sound investment judgment with good analytical background - Results and action oriented
- Team player, and at the same time, able to work independently
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written and in presentation, especially in English
- Graduate with “good” degree from a reputable school, and preferably, with professional qualification, e.g., CFA.