Lead, Scrum Master
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Business
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies, including Daily Team Stand-up, Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Planning.
- Removes obstacles or impediments to the team's progress, escalates to Delivery Owner and/ or Head as required.
- Coaches & mentors team members in adopting Agile practices and a truly Agile mindset including ownership, self-organisation & continuous improvement.
- Creates a collaborative environment by coaching the team to employ Agile best practices, ensures all tools and methods in place for teams' success.
- Contributes in Scrum of Scrums to resolve blockers, propose improvements & discuss lessons learnt.
- Protecting the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [FM Conduct Technology team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Certifications - Scaled Agile Framework / Certified Scrum Master / PMI-ACP
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Tools - JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, Teamsite, Clarity
- Known to Bank Processes, Teams, Tools.
- Known to Software Development Life Cycle Processes related to Agile methodology and Classic Methodology.
- Known to the Processes involved in Onboarding the infrastructure.
- Known to the Change, Release processes
- Team management - Estimation, Metrics reporting, anticipating risks, issues and providing early warnings
- Experience of working in an environment with heavy usage of automated testing and DevOps tooling.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Ability to take and understand commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Visio.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .