Lead, Technical Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
The role requires strategic thinking and planning and provide expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle with a strong sense of quality ownership making sure that quality is baked in from the start. Business
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Able to manage multiple projects whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
The Developer will also take responsibility for ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through proper planning and designing, quality assurance and issue tracking. Accountable for mitigating business risks through timely, precise execution and validation of infrastructural changes. Engineer must work closely with development and Infra teams to create plans for enhancements and application fixes. Work under minimal supervision to carry out procedures and execute agreed changes to ensure that the application meeting project engagement and requirements. The design must comply with Bank standards.
Oversee the delivery and maintenance of automated scenarios and frameworks based on industry best practices.
People and Talent
- Good understanding and able to apply processes laid down within the team, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Comply with the software management practices and policies.
- Provide technical expertise in Automation, Infra Methodologies, Admin Processes, Development best practises, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to Infrastructural changes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist in managing and coordinating project deliverables and activities.
- Manage and coordinate dependencies, risks, issues to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage the communication channels and relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all stakeholders are sufficiently briefed.
- Contribute to the management, monitoring and d elivery of remediation action plans and outcomes where needed, in line with expectations / requirements.
- Perform functional and technical Infrastructure review activities as per engagement in the project.
- Identify the Automation opportunities and define the approach.
- Identify test environment requirements and liaise (and coordinate) with teams.
- Conduct periodic reviews and inspections of project deliverables and provide feedback.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Technology Domain Head, Line Manager , Risk business, Scrum Master, Senior Leaders in team
- 5+ years of SAS development experience in the banking industry preferably worked on IFRS9 and Model Monitoring projects
- Hands on & Consulting Skills on SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop development framework.
- Sound statistical knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills are desirable.
- Hands-on experience on Big data technologies (Hortonworks HDP).
- Development capabilities using SAS, SAS DI, python, spark, R languages.
- Good team management and analytical skill
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of and experience in projects (e.g. SDLC, Agile methodology)
- Hands on experience in Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like Hadoop, Hive, Presto)
- Hands on experience in Cloud technologies like AWS Redshift, MS Azure Databricks and Synapse
- Ability to interpret / debug / write / modify Shell script/SAS/Python
- Very good understanding of IFRS9 model concepts
- Willing to work on-call support over weekends
- Liaise with multiple application teams & co-ordinate for issue resolution
- Good analytical & interaction skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.