Legal Entity Controller
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
The Legal Entity Controllers group is responsible for the accounting, reporting and oversight of Morgan Stanley’s core legal entities. The group’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation of financial statements, federal regulatory filings, monthly closing of the Firm’s books and records, analytics, entity-specific accounting policy, legal entity maintenance, account reconciliation and account structure maintenance.
This position within the Legal Entity Controllers Group is responsible to provide legal entity support to the Singapore and South-East Asia (SEA) entities and will be part of the Singapore and SEA legal entity control team.
The team is responsible for reporting to local authorities and parent company for the Singapore / SEA entities. Responsibilities of the team include:
- Monthly financial close
- Financial reporting
- Preparation, review and analysis of financial statements
- Monitoring and reporting of regulatory capital
- Liaising with local auditors on external audits
- Liaising with internal tax department and tax agent on tax matters
- Providing support for new products and new initiatives
- Involvement in regional / global projects
- University graduate with Accounting or Finance Degree
- Qualified CPA would be an advantage
- Good Accounting knowledge
- Good time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to interact well with others at all levels
- Attention to details, accuracy and quality
- High self-motivation
- Good PC skills in Microsoft Excel and Word