Manager, Product Control
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 août 18 2018-08-11
Manager, Product Control
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
P&L reporting and controls (Daily)
Development, implementation and completion of daily Treasury P&L reporting for multiple countries across the group, which includes the following main products but not limited to:
* Money Market Loans & Deposits
* Government Bonds & T-Bills
* Fixed Deposits
* Certificates of Deposits
* Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
* Cash flow, Fair Value and Economic Hedges
* Derivatives MTM P&L
Daily P&L responsibilities include attending to any P&L related queries or challenges from Treasury dealers. Ensuring P&L are signed off in FMSW on a timely basis by stakeholders.
P&L reporting and controls (Monthly)
Ensure books and records are reflected correctly in general ledger by performing monthly task and controls. These main tasks are below but not limited to:
* Review of month-end reconciliations between the various TP systems and the ledger, i.e opics breaks.
* Review of month-end balance sheet substantiation of PC owned traded balances.
* Reviewing monthly P&L items/ true ups.
* Posting of month-end journals into the general ledger
* Actual vs Flash controls are performed to ensure ledger and reporting are in line.
Act as a point of contact for Treasury PC facing these respective stakeholders for business related activities/ queries.
* Treasury front office
* Operations team
* Other PC teams (onshore/ offshore)
* Local country/ business finance
* Project team (Finance)
* Auditors (internal/ external)
* Group Finance reporting team
There are bankwide initiatives that are associated with this role within Treasury and finance transformational/ change processes. Some of these initiatives includes but not limited to:
* Legal entity re-alignment/ restructuring.
* Finance general ledger overhauls and process improvement.
* Hedge effectiveness testing using Sabre Cortex enhacement.
* Projects and initiatives around Brexit initiatives
* Any other financial related initiatives.
Accounting- book keeping
There should be ample working and practical accounting knowledge and experiences within financial institutions. The candidate needs to be familiar of how sub ledger/ full ledger function and display working knowledge relating to double entries for common financial products. Candidate with working knowledge around hedge accounting would be advantageous but not integral.
Controls and professional skepticism
The candidate needs to have experiences working in a control related role. Possession of controls mindset around P&L and balance processes. Working concept of FOBO break between front end system vs back end books and records. An individual who can follow through the details and independently resolved the breaks with respective stakeholders.
The candidate would also need to exercise professional skepticism from time to time to challenge status quo. Have an inquisitive mind, to find out the reasoning behind individual process and things that are unexplained.
Generic measures of the role
1. A first class finance / Product Control division, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
2. Driving closer alignment between Product Control and in-country finance teams.
3. Optimal systems configuration and process improvements, leading to cost efficiencies.
4. A strong internal control environment, which will ensure the business, continues to grow in a stable and well-controlled manner.
Additional Job Information (e.g. scope of role, product area focus, impact)
Our Ideal Candidate
Skills and Knowledge
* At least 6-8 years of Product Control experience.
* Ability to deal with conflict, and remain positive when under pressure
* Customer-focused approach
* A strong internal control environment, which will ensure the Treasury to continue to grow in a stable and well-controlled manner.
* Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and medium term)
* Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
* Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups
* Demonstrable knowledge of banking / divisions
* Working Knowledge on Hedge accounting and Treasury Business
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.