Manager, Valuation Control
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that the framework and other relevant documentation are accurate and completed on time.
- Assist Head, Prudent Valuation Control to develop new PVA methodologies.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain information pertinent to the return.
- Ensure all files are maintained and no errors are found.
- Assume responsibility for the development of working files.
- Pro-actively improve and automate the current processes.
- Preparation of reports for senior management review including the reports presented to the Valuations & Benchmarks Committee and other secretarial duties.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Educated to degree level; preferably with a Finance / Business OR Financial Engineering background OR Masters degree in a quantitative subject.
- Strong IT skills. In particular Excel, VBA, Matlab, SQL.
- Experience of Global Markets treasury products (covering All Global Markets products)
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines, and deliver high quality output.
- Lateral thinker who is a strong team player with ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical and challenging mindset.
- "CAN DO" attitude.