Market Data Desktop and Infrastructure Engineer (DE - Market Data)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Market Data Vendor Services team at Goldman Sachs are responsible for the third party market data vendor applications and infrastructure.
The candidate should have a proven track record in supporting and configuring Market Data applications and infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting all market data desktop applications used in the firm. This is a global role and will require shift work. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Perform pre-market checkout out critical applications and infrastructure.
- Support both application functionality and data content; escalate data content issues to vendors and/or internal developers.
- Automation, run-books and FAQs, for helpdesk.
- Manage incident management process for Market Data issues.
- Manage engagement with end users/vendors and helpdesk until problem is resolved.
- Acting as role model and technical mentor for less experienced staff.
- Candidate should have relevant experience in the range of 2-4 years.
- Deep understanding of application configuration and troubleshooting, experience of supporting Windows environment essential.
- Experience of remote support (international), working with vendors for problem resolution.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Powershell.
- Availability: Be available to respond to emergency situations and perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers, and working independently on problem solving.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Application product support specialist for Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Datastream, Factset, etc
- Deep understanding of application configuration and troubleshooting, experience of supporting market data or trading desktop applications.
- Understanding of Linux environment.
- Experience with vendor data distribution systems like TREP, Elektron, Activ,, etc.
- Financial Industry experience - Understanding of capital markets, experience with multiple asset classes.
- Market Data Industry experience.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity