Markets Technology BA - Macro Rates
Business Analyst SINGAPORE
As a Barclays Business Analyst (BA), you will have the opportunity to join the Markets Technology team to manage requirements, analysis and change delivery for growth initiatives, regulatory mandates and front office support. You will be primarily working on rates deliverables for business growth and operational initiatives on rates trade capture and trade management working closely with trading, business management, middle office and technology colleagues across locations and business lines.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and mo st respected financia l institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Working with Front, Middle and Back office users as well the Development and Quality Assurance teams to deliver change on time and with high quality.
- Understanding and documenting the requirements of the respective business areas and their products
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of rates trade capture application functionality and front to back flows for each business and product class as a Subject Matter Expert
- Working closely with software development teams to ensure user requirements are clearly understood and developed as specified in the documentation
- Gathering development and testing estimates and work with the relevant product owners or project managers to include these in formal project plans
- Managing various stakeholders across Operations, Risk, Finance and Global Technology. Be pro-active in articulating bottlenecks, conflicting prioritization, and known/unknown gaps
- Conducting comprehensive functional testing during the development process and work closely with the relevant users to complete user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Ensuring full transparency and active communication with both global functional and regional technology leads.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Prior experience as a BA with strong knowledge of how projects are run and managed in both waterfall and agile based environments
- Extensive experience in Financial markets, especially related to trade capture and end to end trade booking flows. Knowledge of various products, business lines and trading concepts
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities and under little supervision.
- Ease in working within matrixed and globally spread teams
- Superior analytic and problem solving skills - ability to structure and scope complex problems, synthesize feedback, develop insights and recommendations
Where will you be working?
- Business analysis skills and development lifecycle experience, working within IT, with proven delivery record and an ability to work in a demanding environment
- Exceptional time management and ability to coordinate with various teams to action items
- Detailed oriented and organized with clear written and verbal communication skills, appropriate to a given audience, (business, technical, functional, etc.)
- Experience with MS Visio, Project, Excel, Word, SharePoint, JIRA as well knowledge sharing tools e.g. Confluence wiki
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.