Member SCVentures (Contract)
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Participates in policy and procedure development to help ensure accuracy & consistency.
• Communicate extensively and work collaboratively with subject matter experts to create and improve policies and procedures.
• Manage the master index to policies and procedures in line with Enterprise Risk Management framework.
• Creates and/or edits indexes for policies and procedures, as needed
• Ensure the implementation of new and revised policies and procedures
• To support the venture building team with first line responsibilities in particular relating to risk management
• Subsidiary governance including setting up legal structures for venture building
• These responsibilities are to be held until such time a venture is able to sufficiently resource these activities within their own teams:
1. Identify, assess, monitor and escalate risks and issues to venture building team, SCV first line and Second Line
2. Own and design processes, controls and standards for adhering to Risk Type Frameworks and Policies, working with the individual venture teams
3. Validate and self-assess compliance to Risk Type Frameworks and Policies, confirm the quality of validation, and provide evidence based affirmation to Second Line
4. Regular reporting of risks associated with venture building to SCVC (typically encompassing activities a,b,c above). This will include under f, the portfolio reporting initiative
5. Own and ensure ventures follow updated vendor and cloud processes specific to SCV
6. Programme management across venture building initiatives (e.g., portfolio reporting tool implementation & adoption) Knowledge and Skills
• Post Graduate with >10 years of relevant experience.
• Strong communication and writing skills with high details orientation
• Good knowledge of retail banking products & processes with a focus on digital.
• Understanding of industry trends and developments as well as their impact on the business.
• Appetite for continuously improving and streamlining processes and the way we work.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across all subsidiaries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.