Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), Real Estate Analyst (Japanese-speaking), Singapore
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 nov. 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
I. MORGAN STANLEY
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. MORGAN STANLEY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (MSIM)
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has over 586 investment professionals around the world and $435 billion in assets under management or supervision as of June 30, 2017. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Based in Singapore, MSIM team is seeking a Real Estate Analyst (ideally bilingual in English and Japanese) to assist primarily the Investment and Global Real Estate businesses; this role will gain broad exposure to the Investment Management business.
Key Responsibilities (Investment business):
- Focus initially on providing analytical and research support to Investment team
- Primarily responsible for build-up and maintenance of analytical databases which are used to support the investment process
- Build and maintain a database of real estate sector statistics supplied by the respective local governments and property consultants, the “Comparable Company” database which includes the current Net Asset Value models of the research universe, the “Top-Down” database which the team maintains to track the sector and geographical composition of the client portfolios both on an absolute basis and versus the various real estate indexes
- Maintain the quarterly and semi-annual earnings database which tracks timing, results, and expectations of the earnings in the investment universe
- Create a database that tracks the historic changes in the company specific Net Asset Value models as well as the market consensus net asset value estimates in the investment universe
- Assist in preparing materials for internal research meeting
- Prepare certain aspects of client presentation materials; regular client review books and materials
- Participate in the Investment team’s regular weekly meetings
- Gradually be expected to take on research and project management responsibilities as and when deemed appropriate by management.
Key Responsibilities (Global Real Estate business):
- Maintain and create similar global databases in support of the Global Portfolio Manager
- Coordinate materials and provide relevant support for Global Property Review, published by the team on a quarterly basis
- Prepare materials for and attend the weekly global real estate calls
- Gradually be expected to coordinate with a wide range of key stakeholders such as colleagues in Operations, Trading, Compliance and Client Services on any portfolio and client-related matters as and when deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications and Skill-sets:
- A university degree preferably majoring in Business or Finance
- At least two (2) years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably with an investment manager or investment bank, or equivalent required
- A Master’s Degree and/or a professional designation, such as CFA, a plus
- Ideally bilingual in English and Japanese
- Proficiency with Excel essential
- A strong interest in the Investment Management business
- A strong attention to detail
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and manage time efficiently and effectively
- A team player with an attitude of wanting to help the team in any capacity