Looking for a seasoned Network Engineer for one of the strongest Trading Firm. A hybrid role with Engineering, Automation and Operations
Being part of our Global Networking Team, you will get a chance to work closely with some of the brightest minds in the industry and make a large impact on the success of the firm. Successful candidates will have the ability to work on one of the highest performance networks in class with multiple resources at their disposal. We are looking for exceptional talent that can work closely with multiple teams and continue to take our infrastructure to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Utilize monitoring tools to locate, diagnose and resolve network related issues throughout the infrastructure
- Communicate impact of network related issues to traders, developers and other business resources
- Work with multiple teams to implement and optimize network infrastructure for proprietary low latency trading applications at various data centers throughout the world
- Take an automated data driven approach to diagnosing and solving complex network infrastructure issues
- Support and troubleshoot a hybrid wireless and wired high performance network environment
- Leverage automation skills and take a "dev ops" approach to improve efficiency of solving complex network infrastructure issues, network management, and maintenance of trading applications
- Assist in documentation of new processes and procedures to improve team efficiency
- Demonstrates a high level of energy, results driven and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
Skills you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Years of hands-on networking experience with at least 1 year of scripting experience.
- CCNP certification or equivalent required.
- Advance knowledge and troubleshooting of IP networking and TCP/ IP.
- Advance knowledge of Switching, Routing (BGP) and Multicast (IGMP, PIM).
- Experience supporting a large-scale global network environment.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python preferred) and expertise with GIT and REST or JSON.
- Experience working with automation tools.
- Experience working with big data storage and warehousing tools (such as database, Splunk).
- Strong Linux Shell (all utilities) experience.
- Experience working with telecommunication providers. Plan, procure, and implement telecommunication circuits.
- Previous experience demonstrating strategic thinking skills and maturity in tackling complex problems, dealing with people, technology and processes.
- Experience planning for space, power, and structure cabling within data center environments.
- Ability to work well as part of global team in a fast-paced environment. Encourages participation and values collaboration with all team members spread across multiple offices.
- Demonstrates good judgment, ability to evaluate short and long-term impact, and confidence to select and execute decision when required and take full responsibility for end results.
Interest candidates please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
EA License No: 11C5502
Registration No: R1879202