Non-Financial (Operational) Risk Manager- APAC
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
CRO seeks a Non-Financial Risk Manager (NFRM - or more broadly Operational Risk Manager) to add to our second-line oversight of the Asia Pacific Division, with a strong focus on connectivity between business and broader infrastructure risks. This role offers direct, regular interaction with the Senior Management in the various first line functions and Risk Management, locally, divisionally and globally. The role will be based in the Singapore office.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The candidate will be involved with the following NFRM responsibilities, with the support of the APAC NFRM management team:
- Independent oversight, review and challenge of business' activities, in partnership with the relevant Business management, Corporate Functions and the wider NFRM team.
- Proficiency of the business strategy, products, risks and controls, with a clear understanding of the front-to-back processes.
- Supporting the RCSA process, including regular review/updates of the Risk Register.
- Incident reviews, thematic reviews and business reviews as required throughout the year.
- Partnership with NFRM regionally and globally to ensure consistent deployment and implementation of the evolving operational risk framework into Asia Pacific and input into global initiatives.
- Input into and participation with business change initiatives, remediation projects and issue resolution.
- Attendance of and active engagement with standing business partnership and control meetings.
- Preparing presentation packs and management reporting for both regular governance meetings and ad hoc requests, i.e. regulatory/audit.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- University degree or banking apprenticeship with some professional experience.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience, ideally in risk, control or audit related function, and/or relevant business line experience. Work experience is preferably in the APAC region but not a necessity.
- Operational risk experience is not essential, but is beneficial (familiarity with operational risk framework implementation, risk assessments and principles around operational risk management such as capital allocation, metrics etc.). This is a good opportunity for someone with relevant business background to make a move into Operational Risk specialism.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal, in addition to possess the ability to build and maintain positive relationship and can cope under pressure with a high level of flexibility
- High motivation and hands-on attitude along with Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint skills critical.
- You are result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.