Operational Risk Management, Associate Director
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Responsible for the overall second line of defence related to operational risk, ensuring that operational risk within the organisation is appropriately identified, assessed and managed within the defined risk appetite. Responsibilities
- Strengthen operational risk management governance and framework.
- Document and update operational risk policies and procedures and engage Group OCBC to ensure policies and processes are in alignment.
- Provide guidance and advisory to business units on operational risk management methodologies and tools to enable business units to manage their operational risks in a structured, systematic and consistent manner:
- Self-Assessment Programs
- Operational Risk Events management and reporting
- Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Outsourcing Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Physical Security Assessments
- Operational Risk Stress Test
- Internal Control Attestation, etc
- Consolidate MIS reports for submission to management and assist the team in committee secretariat responsibilities.
- Develop training programs and conduct training across the Bank to deepen understanding of operational risk management.
- Provide oversight as second line of defence on new entities, which includes operationalization plan for the implementation of the various operational risk tools/programs, alignment of processes, etc.
- Lead/ Participate in various operational risk initiatives/activities, thematic reviews, deep dives, etc.
- Participate internal or cross-functional projects to achieve productivity/quality improvement which include user requirement specifications, user acceptance test and documentation of new procedures and training materials.
- Relevant working experience in operational risk or audit in the private banking environment.
- Degree in finance / banking or related discipline preferred.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in operational risk or audit in a banking environment, preferably from Private Banking background.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and able to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and establish both strategic and tactical plans in the management of operational risk.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and report writing skills.
- Independent and able to multi-task in a competitive environment.
- High level of integrity.