Operational Risk Officer
This role will be part of the Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control Organisation (CBORC) reporting to the CBORC Tech Head for APAC/EMEA. The risk manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of risk management programs supporting the APAC and EMEA region across 17 markets. This role is part of the team managing the business risk profile - identification, management and mitigation including day-to-day, in business activity across the APAC/EMEA regions, which encompasses 10 GCB Product Lines, 6 GCT COEs in APAC/EMEA and the GCB Digital Banking Business. The role will support the compliance to Citi's internal policies, processes, and controls and compliance to external regulation while proactively evaluating the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Responsibilities:
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess' risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans).
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory).
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment in identifying and managing risks for Consumer Business.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in consumer banking systems and technology processes and leverages this knowledge to provide advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement / forward looking risk management on highest risk priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Identifies key risk indicators and works with the business on development and challenges business to ensure the correct measures are implemented.
- Manages or supports key business initiatives/programs such as Records Management and Key Automated Controls and coordinates between business and technology.
- Leads and performs risk assessments to deep dive into processes, risks and controls.
- Manages Audit/Regulatory engagements including coordination, communications, and required actions with management committees, internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and other internal stakeholders as appropriate. Manages audit activities and supports the business during audits in ensuring the appropriate risks are reported and actions rectify the risks.
- Proactively advances use of data analytics for analysis of control issues and emerging risks.
- Possess forward compatible mindset and embraces changes taking upon oneself to drive enhancements in processes within CBORC Tech region and global.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the team. Proactive in sharing among team and takes opportunity to coach junior staff.
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control issues with stakeholders.
Job Family Group:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA or similar) are a plus.
- Experience in business, functional and/or people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer banking systems, digital channels and products as well as technology processes relating to development and support of these types of systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and consumer banking related regulations across multiple countries in Asia Pacific and EMEA.
- Demonstrable knowledge of deploying risk assessment techniques using data analytics.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating control issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Hold high integrity values and demonstrable challenge to stakeholders despite pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of stakeholder management.
- Strong team player who is actively committed to personal development, active team contribution/knowledge sharing and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting