Operations Engineer, Institutional Application Support
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 févr. 19
See job description for details
- Exciting opportunity to work within Institutional Application Support
- Provides critical support for Traders and Sales team
- Reports to the Production Support Manager
About The Role
Role Location: ANZ Singapore - 10 Collyer Quay, Ocean Financial Centre
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
As an Operations Engineer, your role will support the Production Support Manager as part of the support team servicing the Institutional business domain of Fixed Income, Rates, Credit, Capital Markets, Balance Sheet, Equity derivatives. You will contribute to ensuring a stable production system to meet and cater to the organisations objectives. Your role will provide effective and efficient Level 1 and 2 Business support to Business teams across all associated applications on a day to day basis under the guidance of the Production Support Manager and will deliver updates where required to System Support documentation describing process and procedures for operating within the Production Support environment. In addition, you will also review and provide inputs to vendors, development teams on-site and Off-site teams during triage of production incidents and problem analysis of defects and work with the Vendor, development teams to help support production fix releases, working with the Production Support Manager and Development Manager to prioritize and scope the production fixes, defect analysis, improvement areas, production fix release management and reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Proven experience in supporting medium to large mission critical applications under Fixed Income, Rates, Credit, Capital Markets, Balance Sheet, Equities domain including front office business support
- Strong experience with ION, Bloomberg TOMS/VCON, Reuters, Marketaxess, Tradeweb, Yieldbroker, Ipreo, Appian and Murex
- Hands on experience and capable of managing applications running on Solaris, Linux, Windows, Sybase, Qracle, MS-SQL, Tomcat, Jboss, Java, Dot Net, ITRS, Control-M, ConnectDirect, Perl, Python, Shell Scripting and BitBucket
- Has excellent understanding of the Incident and Problem Management processes and other ITIL processes
- Customer focus with strong experience in financial industry with excellent client and vendor management skills
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate with stakeholders at different seniority levels
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code SIN006463.
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave