We are looking for an experienced Principal Analyst Developer to contribute to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions. Lead software development and engineering tasks, particularly technical design & business users’ engagements though the core build and oversee testing that’s outsourced to our technology partner in India. Someone that’s innovative and passionate about software development.
APAC Asset Management Technology (APAC AMT) under Schroders Global Technology team includes an entire spectrum of capabilities that supports regional Asset Management Business and is head quartered in Singapore. These include Front office (Investment) Technology, Operations Technology, Distribution Technology, Fund Services and Platform Solution and Services.
Front office & Product is one of the most sought-after Capabilities under APAC AMT. We create and support applications used by the regional front office business users (Fund Manager/ Product Managers / Risk Managers / Fund Performance Managers and Compliance Managers) across Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Indonesia and Australia. We extensively partner with third party technology provider in India that provides us additional skilled resources that complement our internal capacity.
The team also collaborates closely with their global counterparts that sits in London in developing and maintaining global platforms, as well as providing L3 Support to all Front office applications during APAC hours.
What you’ll do:
- Lead development and engineering tasks.
- Proactively contribute to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability/ Product Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Wprk with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills and experiences
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
- Committing to developing the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
The knowledge, experience and qualification you’ll need
- At least 5 - 7 years’ experience in software development in a financial domain in Asset Management or Investment
- Development experience in Cloud Technologies either Azure or AWS.
- Hands on development experience in Microsoft latest Tech stack (C#/.Net/.Net Core / WPF / ASP.NET/ SQL Server / Service Fabrics)
- Exposure or Experience in Visualisation tools like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.,
- Wide experience of software development across several different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
- Very high level of technical capability in respect of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Degree graduate preferably in computer science or similar
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (eg. IMC)
- Lean Agile credentials; Certified Safe Agilist (SA) preferred
- Exposure or Experience in Python, R, etc
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Experience in NServices Bus / Microservices
- Experience in NServices Bus / Microservices
What you’ll be like:
- Passionate about mastering and innovating best practice in software development
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances