- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citibank NA
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18017085
Citi's Global Consumer Bank Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB's global application portfolio
The Global Chief Architect of Core Products and Risk organization will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail/Wealth, Cards/Customer and Lending/Utilities, Risk and Payments focusing on processing using standard exposition. We also have opportunities available in the architecture areas of Digital Channels, Data and Analytics and Marketing, Sales and Service
The Head of Lending and Utilities Architecture will report directly to the Global Chief Architect of Core Products and Risk. This role will be responsible for Lending and Utilities Domain and will be responsible for the Technology Roadmap for products like Personal Loan, Secured Loan, Mortgage, Margin Leveraged Lending, Limit/Collateral, Pricing and Product as a utility. The head of Head of Lending and Utilities Architecture will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan for these domains to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Head of Lending and Utilities Architecture is expected to lead development of deep market insights, perform competitive assessments, understand and directly inform business and technology strategy, define the reference architecture, and create/maintain a roadmap of capability and investment aligned to critical business needs and technology requirements.
This role will have a global strategic market focus for their domain while directly influencing the regional and LOB investment decisions to ensure they inform and further the reference architecture and roadmap pertaining to their domain. This Head of Lending and Utilities Architecture will also operate in a dual-function by managing a set of regional specific solutions architects who are focused on lending and utilities projects. As such, this role will indirectly report to the regional architect for accountability in maintaining alignment and governance with regional priorities.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it's informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned domain(s), ensuring it's anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale and actionable within the context of Citi's investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain domain level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financial risks to the extent possible.
- Provide domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster regionally aligned solution architect/design communities with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmaps and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional contexts and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Manage a team of architects to support digital domain efforts. Provide leadership and mentorship in developing their careers while holding them accountable to their goals. Work in conjunction with the regional CTOs to manage workloads, deliverables, coaching, performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Develop high performing talent both in our CTO teams and the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Lead regional tech and stakeholder collaboration to drive and publish a global technical roadmap for Lending and Utility product sets and Capability adoption in the region with Points of convergence as the success measure.
- Partner with the product engineering heads to develop Lending and Utility technology roadmaps, BIAN adoption of domain capabilities for Lending and Taxonomy adoption and defining the Roadmap for adoption of Reference Architecture leveraging the Business Investments to migrate to Core Utility Processing and laying the roadmap for externalization of the Product definition and Pricing schemes to enable more richer offering from a customer perspective and enabling the regions in consumer to adapt to the Reference Architecture standards in force and in alignment with Business Strategy
- In addition, responsibility for overall governance of implemented Product features in Lending and Utilities domain compliant with Information security and derive the domains in to commodity utility processing with Standard exposition of features functions as per the Citi API standards and Platform Standards
- 15+ years in senior technology/engineering leadership roles within financial services or a related industry; specific experience in strategy development, enterprise and/or solution architecture and systems integration in a complex distributed environment employing a mix of modern and legacy technologies.
- Comprehensive functional and technical knowledge within the assigned domain developed through practical experience in defining and delivering technology solutions within a global and diverse financial services environment.
- Current and deep domain market insight covering leading providers/solutions, trends in functional capability and technical architecture and knowledge of competitor strategy and/or capability. Evidence of active engagement in and/or understanding of the methods for surveying market and competitor activity.
- Highly developed strategic, analytical and communication skills evidenced by experience in formulating strategic scenarios, evaluating trade-offs within a robust commercial framework, developing complex financial models and designing practical executions plan.
- Practical experience in architecture management within a complex commercial environment including setting architectural principles, defining the reference architecture, establishing technology roadmaps aligned with business plans and instituting governance to ensure alignment of investment to strategy/architecture.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to engage and influence technology and business stakeholders at all levels within an organization on complex technical and commercial concepts.
- Capable team management skills including the ability to motivate, communicate, empathize with, and build architectural talent.
- Proven ability to attract, develop, engage and sustain world-class engineering/technical talent, build collaborative higher performing teams and foster a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in current technologies including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, Micro Services, Containers, RESTful API's, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation.
- Commercially savvy and experienced in formulating and executing innovative commercial arrangements for products and/or services.
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles