Senior Associate/Director (TBC)
Business Function Product
IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades.
Markit Portfolio Valuations is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its product team in the APAC region. The successful candidate will have multiple responsibilities in relation to the derivatives valuations service including: 1. the maintenance and development of models; 2. developing methodologies for and ensuring the soundness of model calibration; 3. pricing new instruments on the request of existing and prospective clients; and 4. providing technical expertise internally and externally on the valuation of derivatives instruments across asset classes.
Duties & accountabilities
- Working on the quantitative, analytical and technological development of derivatives valuation capabilities
- Proving on-going communication to our clients on any issues relating to derivatives valuations including the coordination of client trials, addressing queries, resolving price challenges, and any other general support
- Working onsite at the client's offices from time to time to provide support for derivatives valuation and/or model validation
- Enhancing existing models or specifying / building / testing models to support new products
- Ensuring the quality and reliability of market data inputs and calibrations for the pricing of derivatives instruments
- Working closely with other product groups and the global sales team in order to participate in driving the business and identifying product opportunities
Education and experience
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in a financial or quantitative discipline preferred
- Proven track record in derivatives valuation with calibration to the traded markets is essential
- Direct client-facing experience is desirable
- Prior experience in model validation at large and reputable firms is desirable
- Familiarity with technology release cycles and QA best practise is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Proficiency in Excel and VBA is essential, proficiency in XML, SQL and Python is desirable
- Prior industry experience at reputable financial institutions or financial services firm is desirable
- Practical understanding of the basics of mathematical finance and derivatives pricing
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Previous experience dealing with external or internal clients is desirable
- Highly motivated and eager to take the initiative
- Strong attention to detail, both numerically and in written material
- Willingness to be hands-on in dealing with requests, issues and queries relating to client valuations, analytics and market data
- Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across business units within the company
- Ability to work well within a global team environment alongside other product analysts, quants and developers
Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,500 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial marketplace. For more information, please see http://www.markit.com
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.