At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join us in Singapore. This role serves as a subject matter expert within Product & Cross Border Marketing, demonstrating a deep understanding of the firm’s overall investment capabilities and specific products/strategies and ability to connect our investment solutions with solving client needs. Product & Cross Border Marketing strives to engage investors to invest or remain invested in our Franklin Templeton products by creating compelling stories that bring our products to life through marketing content that is leveraged globally.
The Product Marketing Manager plays a significant role in determining the overall marketing narrative within the Equities vertical and will have specific knowledge and product marketing experience in Emerging Marketing Equities. This role leverages strong understanding of the investment philosophy and investment strategies to create impactful content and material for Equity programs, including helping to define and deliver on strategic initiatives whilst keeping a keen eye on simple storytelling to help make the products resonate with investors, in a variety of key markets. This role will encompass a variety of responsibilities such as overseeing story refreshes, developing messaging, and supporting both product launches and marketing campaigns.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
Content Strategy and Development
- Oversees new story design and refreshes for investment platforms and investment strategies, collaborating with other Marketing teams, Product Management, Investment Teams, and Distribution.
- Responsible for story development, selling points, application into marketing collateral (e.g., presentation and/or slide development, product profiles, Web content), sales training materials and approach, content routing
- Develop content recommendations to support a cohesive content strategy and ensure that content programs plug into regional integrated marketing initiatives
Product Launch Support
- Applies knowledge of regulatory guidelines and requirements for product launches across channels globally to help set the plan and timeline for delivering marketing collateral
- Collaborates with Investment and Product teams to articulate core product messaging including people, process, philosophy and positioning Partners closely with marketing colleagues responsible for developing new product materials to ensure that content is consistent with core messaging
- Builds custom stories and marketing material for global new products and owns the development and maintenance of a defined suite of core materials
- Works with cross-functional marketers in collaboration with Product Managers on global marketing campaigns
- Understands key market drivers and client concerns in regional/global markets and partners with Client/Regional Marketers to develop campaign strategy
- Partners with Client/Regional Marketers to creatively resolve key challenges to support client outreach and sales process
- Stays current on competitive marketplace intelligence for assigned asset class and/or strategies covered, including what investment capabilities have traction with different clients. Telegraphs that intelligence back into Franklin Templeton to inform marketing efforts.
- Champion products and understand the big picture, looking for ways to align tactical needs with strategic focus. Ideate relevant product stories that connect strategies with client needs across channels globally.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-12 years related experience, preferably in a global environment
- Prior product marketing experience with strong story-telling capabilities within equities, emerging market equities specifically, and overall platform. Financial industry experience is required
- Strong ability to connect the investment philosophy, objectives, and narrative of underlying strategies and products to client needs
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively and professionally at all levels of seniority and across the global organization
- Strong influencing and proactive communication capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition to English, Mandarin would be advantageous
- Excellent project management and organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills and highly motivated individual
- CFA or other professional financial qualification and/or relevant licenses would be advantageous
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.