Product Specialist, Private Markets & Alternatives (Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Product Specialist
Bank of Singapore offers private markets and alternative investment opportunities to clients. This offering requires due-diligence, execution, marketing and client-servicing of private markets funds as well as co-investment transactions, structuring and referrals. As a member of the Private Markets & Alternatives team, the candidate will drive the negotiation of terms and onboarding process for pipeline investments and maintain oversight of risk management workflow in collaboration with other departments of the Bank. Description:
- Lead the non-investment aspects of due diligence and onboarding of pipeline investments in collaboration with other internal departments of the Bank, which may include:
- Performing and leading various product launch workstreams, for example, financial, commercial, tax and legal due diligence.
- Reviewing and negotiating distribution agreements, offering memoranda and documentation relating to investment structures.
- Managing and liaising with legal, compliance, tax advisors, General Partners and other service providers for the negotiation and drafting of legal transaction documentation from initial evaluation through to closing.
- Representative projects, for example working with external providers for the establishment of investment vehicles.
- Maintain oversight of risk management and governance processes to strengthen the existing Private Markets & Alternatives platform. The new hire will assist the team in:
- ongoing monitoring and review of counterparty due diligence;
- coordinating internal reporting to various departments of the Bank and OCBC Group;
- ensuring proper regulatory reporting required for BOS's management and distribution activities in relation to private market funds (e.g. audits, tax and AEOI reporting);
- driving strategic initiatives to enhance existing systems and processes for overall risk mitigation.
- Good, relevant undergraduate degree (business, finance, law).
- 10 - 15 years of work experience, preferably with prior experience dealing with distribution agreements and funds offering and regulatory regimes.
- Knowledge of partnership documentation, accounting, as well as investment vehicle/structures tax efficiency and structuring is preferred.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with strong project & task management skills to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Head, Private Markets & Alternatives