Programme Director - Data Analytics & Data Science
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible the implementation of data analytics capabilities to drive programme initiatives and accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Oversee and manage the implementation of data analytics strategy for a TDR, and develop new service offerings, by providing guidance and coaching to a team of data specialists.
- Stakeholder interaction including providing analyses, recommendations, presentations and advice.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams that combine technical, business and data science competencies that deliver work in agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Engage senior management and partner stakeholders for regular monitoring and sharing of project progress, and provide guidance to the project team on key project risks and issues
- Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations
- Gather use cases across business lines and prioritize use cases that are in line with business imperative. Construct business case to justify and follow through to obtain approval for required capabilities.
- Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Interact with stakeholders across business functions to drive end to end solutions
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Data analytics, Statistics, Mathematics
- Strong understanding of banking products & business drivers
- Familiar with data lake, automation, reg reporting, MI, advanced analytics.
- Experience in big data tool (R, Hadoop etc) or data visualization & interactive dashboarding (MicroStrategy) would be an added advantage
- Strong Experience in stakeholders management, project management and programme management
- Strong communication / inter-personal skills
- Experience in agile approach, actively driving test and learn with data driven insights
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.