Project Manager - FM Change
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support change initiatives for Financial Markets and manage end to end delivery
- Work closely with trading, sales, quants (model development & validation), risk management, finance, legal, compliance, technology and operations to manage the overall delivery of the change initiatives
- Manage overall planning, tracking and reporting of all milestones, tasks and deliverables including inter-dependencies across other projects
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks which may have an impact on costs / delivery timelines
- Provide updates to the governance forums (PSC/PgSC, etc) and key stakeholders on the project status, risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Support stakeholders to identify the impacted products, systems and processes and be a subject matter expert in helping to identify and drive solutions
- Ensure detailed remediation plans are in place to address the impacted products, systems and processes, drive delivery of those plans to ensure seamless transition
- Assist the business and functions in establishing new booking models, valuation models, data flows, accounting, settlements, governance across all initiatives to ensure Bank's internal readiness
- Support/ co-ordinate responses to regulatory requests, including data and business plans
- Ensure compliance with the SCB Project Management Standards
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets' asset classes/products and key global regulations
- Ability to deal with diverse range of stakeholders across front office (sales & trading, quants (model development & validation), risk management, finance, legal, compliance, technology and operations
- Prior experience in Financial Markets Front Office global change projects
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely, communicate effectively and comfortably and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience managing Agile projects
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable to operate in ambiguous situations
- Strong ability to influence people without direct authority
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to successfully drive IBOR transition agenda with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team spread across multiple geographies
- Prior experience with risk or finance change/transformation projects will be desirable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.