Project Manager - Foundational Infrastructure - VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Core Engineering is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Core Engineering solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
We are looking for motivated professional to work as a Project manager in with a focus on Developer Experience to join the Foundational Infrastructure PM team in APAC Core Engineering. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
The role provides an opportunity to broaden understanding of Asia business and exposure to senior management. The role gives solid exposure to various regional offices; business workflow and core engineering groups within APAC.
- 4-6 years of Project Management Experience managing deliverables and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas with different levels across core engineering stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows & designs of Core Engineering products, and excellent attention to details.
- Should have the ability to perform data analytics using metrics to identify trends and themes.
- Sound time management skills to be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
- Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork.
- Strong control mindset with a passion for Developer Experience management.
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Core Engineering
- Innovative and flexible in coming up with suggestions and ideas.
- Inquisitive and able to learn quickly
- Strong project management skills.
- Managing the initiation, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close out of work streams
- Facilitate project scope definition and project plan development (inclusive of scope, design, schedule, budget, resource plan, issues & process)
- Manage communication, which includes dissemination of related project documentation and distributing status reports, meeting notes
- Providing structure to projects by working with teams to develop project plans
- Developing and maintaining status reports, dashboards or presentations for senior management to ensure transparency on the delivery of commitments and any risks
- Being flexible to contribute to other activities within the group where necessary (e.g. project management training, developing communications)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills. Should have the ability to take data driven decisions using metrics.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with Regional Office managers & Functional SMEs, manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Strong communication & stakeholder management skills
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues & risks in the environment.
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that have practical value.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity