Project Manager, Financial Market Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Project Manager is to support the project management of the MIFID2, SFTR and G20 Transaction Regulatory Reporting Projects for the ITO organization. The candidate should possess excellent organizational abilities, attention to details, strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work in a fast- paced and collaborative team environment. Work closely with the Head of Regulatory Technology and ensure that he/she drives his vision across his entire program. The job holder will need to display exemplary business acumen and interpersonal skills.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Governance - Support project managers and be the single point of contact on managing financials for the Regulatory initiative spanning across multiple program/projects.
- Cost - Ensure accurate project costs are captured and tracked. Work closely with technology teams to perform monthly project financial review, reconciliation, budget re-forecast and submission. Track all the variables related to Finance and provide a single view to the program highlighting the key risks/issues and how are the projects on track on Financial discipline
- Communication - Organise PSG, PWG meetings, produce packs, meeting minutes/notes and track actions for closure
- Planning - prepare & maintain project plan collaborating with the project managers and stream leads, including the tracking of deliverables across multiple work streams and projects
- Artefacts - List artefacts linked to deliverables expected to be produced by the project in collaboration with the project manager and accountable stream leads including tracking a project RACI matrix; Follow-up with the owners for the closure of deliverables where required. Maintain and publish tracker of key deliverables as part of PWG and PSCs
- At least 4.5+ years working experience in Investment Banking Technology performing PM role managing multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of MIFID, SFTR, and other G20 Transaction Reporting regulations
- Expert level knowledge of JIRA and Confluence to administer
- Experience in project lifecycle, Tracking costs vs forecasts, submitting MIS reports
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Powerpoint)
- Strong and crisp written and verbal communication skills
- Able to coordinate and work with diverse teams and senior members of the bank
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and within strict timelines
- Preferred Qualifications in a market best practice project methodology (Agile, PMP, PRINCE 2 etc)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.