Python Software Engineer, Commodities Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will be working in the Commodities Technology team in Singapore. This is a global team that develops and maintains the systems responsible in Athena for trading, price calculation, risk management, P& L reporting and trade booking covering majority global derivative markets and commodities products (Futures, Options, and Swap etc.)
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income & credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
We are seeking a technically strong and disciplined developer. Working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
- Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base.
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language.
- Understanding of trading and modelling of financial securities. Concepts around pricing, risk management and trade model.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.,you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integralpart of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centersworldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everythingfrom enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, aswell as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning,and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us tohire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience todrive change? Apply today.