Python backend developer - Trading Systems Our client is a leading Proprietary Trading firm and a major liquidity provider for global exchanges. They're looking for a talented team player as their python backend developer, people who are creative in their approach to problem-solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. Having a good mindset of self-improvement and actively take responsibility.
- As backend engineer in a tech-focused company, this person will be participate in some of the most strategic decisions to scale.
- Backend engineers work across all teams and projects and have experience or interest in building robust solutions.
- Going forward, this person will need to understand the system deeply and services to maintain and improve its design/performance, develop more features to existing applications used in trading activities with care of performance and data/query cost and also the future scalability
- Debug and fixing issue might encounter with long term and high performance solution.
- Document development, dev-ops process, important design; Update relevant documents after any changes.
- Take care of the code base, database, share knowledge, introduce new ideas
- Review code, support the other members/teams to import/extract data.
- Working with not only the dev team but also the trading/compliance team to get the business knowledge and task requirement
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience working with Python language and familiar working with Django or other Python-backend framework.
- Must have robust knowledge with SQL, and experience working with Relation Database System such as PostgreSQL, MySQL,..
- Strong fundamentals knowledge such as OOP programming, algorithms, data structure and design patterns
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Having DevOps experience is an advantage
- GNU Unix/Linux experience
- Git or versioning tool experience
- Good to have experience with:
- Messaging system (e.g. RabbitMQ, Solace), Distributed system
- CI/CD tools (Jenkin, Docker...)
- Another programming language such as Java and GO,