About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Functional Programming experience in Haskell is mandatory
- Front office development experience is plus
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, especially in development and support of large-scale data processing systems.
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office and various functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort with the business
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience or other technology area
- Haskell is required, Scala or other functional programing experience is a plus
- Java 8 is required, and Java Core(Collections, Generics, Multi-Threading and JVM)
- Strong understanding of Data structures and Algorithms
- Experience of one or any distributed cache like Hazelcast/Redis/Memcached is a plus
- Scripting programming in Linux shell is a plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- SSL, TCP/IP, and UDP knowledge is a plus
- Financial Market domain knowledge and a good knowledge of market data is an advantage
- Experience/familiarity with control processes for FM platforms.
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Haskell and Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .