Regulatory Engineering - Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB ABOUT REGULATORY ENGINEERING
Regulatory Engineering supports rapidly evolving obligations to expose clear and transparent data on trade executions, and positions managed by the firm. This includes development of both real time and batch systems, and our team is at the leading edge of the industry's response to a new and exciting set of reforms.
As well as ensuring compliance of existing businesses with new requirements, the team is heavily involved at the inception of new business initiatives, and we have engagement with a wide set of stakeholders both inside the firm and externally with others in the industry. The role demands responsiveness, attention to detail, and a keen interest in both business and technical aspects of our systems.
Candidate will be part of the global team with presence in London, New York, Bangalore , Singapore, Warsaw and Tokyo now expanding into Dallas and Birmingham. YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about technology and building creative channels to reach your audience? We are seeking a talented & motivated hands-on Developer to work in a dynamic team developing various applications supporting Regulatory Reporting function. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills. The role will involve all aspects of project lifecycle including development, testing and deployment. The role allows interaction with business users, architects, developers and functional analysts globally both within the team and with other GS groups. OUR IMPACT
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Basic Qualifications
- You will partner with the global technology and business teams to develop and implement solutions to fulfil regulatory obligations of the firm
- Work closely with technology and strategy teams across the firm to build high quality, secure, and maintainable systems using approved tools and software development practices
- Manage relationship and workflows with multiple stakeholders and enhance business understanding in a cross product role
- Analyse key performance metrics, monitoring success of initiatives, optimizing the approach and reporting to key stakeholders
- Enhance your technology skills by working closely with engineers working on cutting edge system
Preferred Technical Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Computer Science)
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, design patterns and algorithmic foundations
- Experienced technical team lead with track record of delivering large scale projects
- Providing technical leadership and oversight to development team
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Big Data Processing & Analytics (Spark, Hive, HDFS etc.)
- Distributed Services Architecture & Event based Processing architectures (Kafka, Redis, AWS etc)
- Experience or a strong interest in financial products is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity