Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
Using discretion and judgment, researches specified industries or global regions to develop specific company and stock recommendations for the portfolios managed by MFS. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Independently conducts research in assigned area to develop specific company and stock recommendations for the portfolios managed by MFS.
- Using research sources such as company literature and financial statements, and various business publications, works independently to structure, develop and communicate investment recommendations.
- Attends conferences, travels to company facilities, and interviews corporate management at all levels.
- Travel will encompass approximately 30% of this job.
- Acts as the in-house expert on designated area of concentration.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Master of Business Administration degree from a top US University.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Ability to work independently, using research, analysis, and communication skills.
- 3-5 experience researching the Chinese market within the Asset Management industry - experience working in China preferred
- Chinese and Korean language skills.
- Experience with software relevant to China research and coverage, wind experience preferred
- Programing knowledge (example Python) preferred .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."