Research Associate, Public Finance Operations (23521)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Role Description:
Fitch Ratings' Public Finance Operations team is seeking a Research Associate to join the group in our Singapore office. Fitch Ratings Operations is focused on developing an efficient operating environment for analytical teams by bringing consistency and standardization to all operational aspects of the rating process.
The position involves providing a range of analytical support services required for the overall credit analysis function performed by the analytical teams. The Research Associate will assist with many of the analytical teams administrative and operations tasks related to the rating process. These tasks include support on internal analytical applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents among other tasks to support analytical workflow operating processes. This position involves working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years' experience at a global financial services organization. Experience in data management and fixed income knowledge would be a plus. The selected candidate will be a self-motivated professional possessing strong organizational and problem solving skill, proficiency in, and the ability to communicate with senior managers, analytical staff, and technical support - both verbally and in written reports. The candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the general desire to learn about the ratings and processes. A bachelor's degree in information systems, finance, accounting, economics or other relevant areas preferred. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with day to day support of the analytical workflow operating processes.
- Assist with internal analytical support applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents.
- Provide daily and ad hoc support to rating analysts to follow the pre and post internal credit rating committees' process.
- Perform other credit related and routine administrative tasks.
- Assist with analytical, data collection and ratings workflow operating processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend solutions and procedures to streamline/improve current processes and provide highest quality support to the global analytical community.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current procedures, applications, management report and training.
- Promote an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
Application: We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV . We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- 0-2 years of experience at a global financial services organization.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Customer focused with the commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and extensive use of proprietary applications
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin