- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Citibank NA
SS and I APAC Regional Head
SS and I APAC Regional Head
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18035501
The APAC Regional Head is responsible for providing overall leadership and strategy development for Securities Services and Issuer Services (SS&I) Operations across the APAC Region. This role will partner with the Global Functional leads in Securities Services & Issuer Services Operations to deliver efficient, scalable operational services to SS&I. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Securities Services & Issuer Services Operations, and will be a member of the SS&I Senior Leadership Team.
The APAC Regional Head has oversight for approximately 1,200 staff in 13 countries, and is expected to travel to lead the region, communicate strategy and priorities, and drive continual upgrades of talent and skills. Specific areas of focus for the next 24 months will be talent development, including, building a strong leadership team, succession planning; strengthening client service; accelerating the global functional alignment and rolling out best-in-class operating metrics to track performance and efficiency of the functions.
We anticipate that this role will also have functional responsibility in line with needs of the business and the candidate profile.
Specific areas of regional responsibility will include:
Culture & People:
- Create an effective APAC Operations management committee and ensure Operations priorities are appropriately aligned across products, and with the APAC ICG O&T strategy
- Work collaboratively with Global Functional leads and regional HR to develop the most efficient org structure, ensuring compliance with local labor laws and alignment to organizational standards
- Coordinate talent processes for the APAC region consistently:
- Engage in senior Operations hiring, talent & promotion decisions in the region
- Work with Ops leads in the region to identify mobility opportunities
- Oversee consistent implementation of People strategy initiatives and VOE actions within the region in alignment with regional ICG O&T and Business initiatives
- Deliver consistent communications of Business and Operations priorities within the region via Townhalls, Newsletters, Collaborate etc.
- Ensure consistency across APAC sites for staff surveys and VOE action plans
- Develop, coach and mentor the country leads and management team, ensuring effective talent management, development and succession planning. Build, coach and lead great teams.
- Oversight of the resources in region, ensuring alignment and coordination across the functional Operations teams in terms of client coordination, strategy, operations risk, and employee engagement.
- Ensure an effective control environment is in place for the APAC region:
- Maintain register of key operations risks, and ensure effective mitigation plans are in place
- Actively manage CAPs, internal Audits, MCA reviews and regulatory inspections in the region
- Represent APAC SS Operations risk profile with appropriate internal & external stakeholders, including Audit, Compliance, OCC, etc.
- Proactively identify and escalate material risk issues and near misses within the region to regional ICG O&T and Business stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to share best-practice across products
- Ensure COB plans are aligned and consistently implemented within the region
- Work collaboratively with Operations Control to ensure compliance with regional rules and regulations, including governance of key regulatory projects in the region (FATCA, Dodd Frank etc.)
- Oversee the regional SS&I Operations expense base in collaboration with Global Functional leads:
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost reduction & productivity in the region by sharing best practices/knowledge and identifying synergies across product areas. Drive location/site strategy for the region in alignment with Target Operating Model and lead selected strategic re-engineering initiatives in the region
- Align annual Operations budget & investment priorities for the region with regional O&T and Business Heads for Custody, Issuer, Middle Office and Fund Administration
- Deliver consistent reporting and analysis of regional Ops expenses & FTE, including:
- Produce full year outlook, and manage monthly variances
- Track & explain monthly variances to plan
- Escalate material expense or FTE variances in the region
- Ensure Operations priorities in the region are fully aligned with regional Business strategies
- Engage in strategic client relationships in APAC as appropriate in collaboration with the Business and Operations Functional leads
- Develop metrics and measurement to assess competitive benchmarks for the region, relative to industry peers
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant subject preferred (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Management)
- 15+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions preferably in Custody Operations and/or Fund Administration Services
- Experience delivering strategic change programmes spanning multiple years in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally in an operations, risk or technology organisation
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
- Possesses expert level of knowledge in communications and proven success interacting with senior management both in the business, and corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments
- Experience in financial planning processes, including budgeting and forecasting
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Deep product knowledge, with in-depth insight into how Operations and Technology functions within the product set
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Demonstrated experience leading people and developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint.