SVP/VP, Development Lead, Middle Office Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Application and technical solution design
- Running development teams in an Agile environment
- Effort estimation for new solutions.
- Work with developers to estimate effort for Epics and User Stories
- Delivery of applications using continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Provide strong governance controls over the technology environment, in accordance with established standards and procedures. Instil strong engineering discipline in the team
- Work closely with Project Manager to deliver project(s) successfully.
- Work with other teams to design effective and scalable solutions.
- Review software design of development team
- Mentor junior developers
- Maintain high levels of code quality
- Create application performance KPIs and define service levels
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience including expertise in enterprise architecture as well as business solutions deployment with an emphasis on distributed java applications.
- Prior role as a Development Lead with deep technical, application design and implementation experience.
- Experience with architecting solutions around J2EE and Java, Hadoop (Cloudera or similar), Kafka with R/Hive etc. and PaaS platforms.
- Experience with banking industry and working with business users is preferred.
- Good communication skills and articulate well on solution(s)
- Team player with cross functional collaboration capabilities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.