SVP/VP, Tech Risk Manager, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Cloud Engineering and Services is a diverse team focused on modernizing DBS' technology delivery methods and platforms to enable the bank to compete in the Digital Economy on Cloud. Our vision is to enable teams to deliver concept to cash in record time, with no customer disruption and no operations. Inspired by the GAFA and Fintech companies, as well as other emerging technologies, we develop enterprise grade solutions for consumption by business and technology units. Job Purpose Technology Risk Manager oversees technology risk mitigation programs and manage risk issues of both preventive and post event follow-up nature. The scope covers private and public cloud technology. Implement risk mitigation programs in application, infrastructure and control across all teams, improving risk and control mindset, reduce risk, control, security and compliance issues/points, BCM, liaise with the Group Audit, Group Legal and Compliance and T&O ORM teams on a regular basis. Key Accountabilities
- Oversee risk mitigation programs and controls in applications and infrastructure across all teams.
- Identify and implement measures for process improvement, analyze tools for control and evaluate potential operational risks.
- Ensure controls and processes meet the core requirements of the Bank. Work with other lines of business for consistency and leverage.
- Work with cloud and infrastructure teams to investigate on risk incidents and process breaks, review audit findings and propose solution for improvement.
- Monitor outstanding risk items and audit issues to ensure proper ownership and follow-up.
- Front audit as department audit focal point and review on potential findings.
- Present in regular internal risk forums and training to disseminate latest development in tech risk areas, policies updates and risk-related project progress.
- Provide support and training to foster strong risk culture and risk awareness within the department.
- Plan and manage BCP.
- Deep dive into incidents for root cause analysis, preventive measures and lessons learnt.
- Gather and analyse on data points to improve on risk governance areas.
- At least 12 years' experience in IT development and support environment, vendor management, IT support, IT implementation and tech risk management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Familiar with IT controls over different operating system and database platforms will be preferred.
- Experience in communicating risk and control findings with key stakeholders, developing recommendations and provide accurate metrics and management reports.
- Able to drive technology risk and control awareness within the department and drive cultural change.
- Understanding of technology processes, policies and risk measurements.
- Highly motivated and determined individual who is committed to deliver within set deliverables.
- Must possess decisive leadership, and the ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision-making skills in the heat of the moment.
- Had experience with leading a team with a least 5 members.
- Familiar with MAS TRM requirements and controls
Apply Nowâ€< We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to perform deep-dive investigation for control and process issues.
- Have a strong control and process management mindset, constantly paying attention to details.
- Strong communications skills; able to communicate with stakeholders, higher management, technical support units and users.
- Effective and influential in communication, able to drive towards agreed solution.
- Possess knowledge of operational risk (concept, reporting, process, BCP).
- Willing to learn and take new challenges with an open mind.
- Able to form good relationships, of pleasant and dynamic personality.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies preferred.