SVP, Public Cloud Software Engineer Technical Lead, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. The role is for an experienced hands-on full stack developer that has either fundamental understanding or a deep interest in public cloud or experience with infrastructure automation and portal development. A deeply experienced software developer that has intimate knowledge of the nuances of multiple languages and frameworks with very good mentorship and team development abilities. The product portfolio includes portals and associated backends that deliver:
- Multi cloud application onboarding
- Public cloud Deployment management and visibility
- Compliance, operations, security, and cost governance visibility
- Automated infrastructure intervention workflows
- Firewall and policy automation portals
- Other public cloud management related functionality as required
- Lead, mentor and contribute to direct execution of software development
- This is a hands-on role where the developer lead by example earns the trust and respect of the team by delivering functionality and tending to operational exigencies that may arise
- Code development, product strategy and integration with the DBS public cloud deployment pipeline and the public cloud services
- Advocate for the customers via the implementation of easy to use features and healthy roadmap to solve real customer problems
- Mentor on design process, instil SRE philosophy into development practices
- Develop web application using technologies such as Angular, Java / Spring core and docker to be deployed on AWS & Google Cloud, using microservices as the software architecture pattern with freedom to choose the technology for each problem. e.g EKS, ECS, Lambda, API gateway or, load balanced EC2.
- Ensure secure coding and existing software development lifecycle guidelines and standards are met
- Participate in daily agile stand up scrum meeting and sprint planning and prioritization
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Proven recent experience in multi-tiered application development, and familiarity with design considerations such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), performance, scalability, re-usability and flexibility
- 8+ years experience in designing and developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive, and user-friendly
- 5+ years of professional enterprise software development experience of in any of the following: Java, Spring ,Python, Node, Go, C/C++
- Command of web technology fundamentals HTTP, Websockets, Content Distribution, WAF, REST, JSON, YAML, CORS, Session/ cookies, SAML, OAuth
- Production experience and general knowledge of common persistent stores such as SQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- General knowledge of infrastructure components, TCP/IP, DNS, ICMP, PKI, TLS
- Good knowledge In Architectural Pattern such as MVC, DAO, and Design Patterns such as AOP, Facade, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development and Test Automation using GIT, Maven and best CI/CD practices Junit, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Experience working under Agile methodology