SVP / VP, Agile Program Manager Digital Wealth,Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS is modernising its suite of Wealth Management applications to deliver a superior frontline experience by defining journeys aimed at increasing customer and employee engagement, satisfaction and service productivity.
This is a unique opportunity to drive the delivery of a multi-year program, to re-imagine the frontline tooling used and to build the foundation of our new Digital Wealth platform.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of agile software delivery experience in the wealth management domain, experience building and leading teams and managing a complex array of stakeholders.
On large programs, DBS will leverage a program manager to own and drive the overall success of the program. The program manager is responsible for the overall technical health and progress of the program. They work closely with their business counterpart (often called a Product Owner) to ensure the overall solution achieves the business objectives. The program manager is responsible for the quality of the product, from the overall business requirements to end-user quality. Importantly, they play a key role in establishing the culture to enable an agile environment to flourish . Responsibilities
While the program manager is accountable for the overall success of the program, they are specifically responsible for:
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting project progress. The tools within agile should be able to provide the reporting needed to understand the overall state of their project. However as with any reporting, the reports alone don't give you the answers continuous conversation and clarity for shared understanding should be embedded
- Ensure education of stakeholders on how to read and absorb agile reports/ delivery metrics (sprint burn down, release burn up, quality etc)
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Model the shift from traditional project management to agile project management which includes the following:
- Embedding a culture of trust and "safe to make mistakes" that encourages team members to raise issues and risks
- Exhibit values and principles of an agile mindset
- Accountable for cross team reporting to Program Manager, PMO and/or possibly steering committee - including project financials
- Managing project E2E - which may include non-software development activities (e.g., marketing, training, change management etc)
- Coordination across teams / platforms. The key for this is to keep transparency across the platform in the A/B/C type of work so that delivery can effectively be coordinated including critical areas of:
- Ensuring your project dependencies on other projects /platforms are on their roadmaps and timing and integration environments will be ready when your teams need them
- Ensuring the work other teams need from your team/s are included and prioritised appropriately in your teams work backlog.
- Highlighting capability gaps to respective team/tribe/ function leads
- Work to clear project level impediments for the team: Teams will raise issues that are beyond their control that need to be cleared (e.g., test data, environments, platform coordination, prioritization)
- Drive project and program delivery
- Responsible for ensuring project delivery on time on schedule and with quality
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage key stakeholders and business and technology leads
- Manage and communicate effectively with domain leads at senior level and working level teams.
- Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner.
- Change management
- Ability to drive the adoption of agile methodology across teams
- Able to work with users to drive changes within the organization for projects implementation
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management. Ensure utilization of standards and practices across all projects.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software programs using Agile way of working in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager, managing large Agile @ Scale, complex programs with multi-disciplined teams
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager, managing agile projects and agile delivery teams
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex program risks and issues
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
- Self-starter and extremely hands on in the management of projects
- Proven leadership skills and evidence of collaboration with customers to develop strategies and solutions of high business value
Core Competencies & Behaviours
- Solid understanding of Agile software development life cycle
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Behaviours consistent with DBS PRIDE Values
- Agile project managerial skill in a medium to large organisation with a proven record of change management, innovation, autonomous action and strong leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development programs and ensure objectives, goals and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate Agile development support tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc)
- People management skills: ability to deal with people at all levels
- Able to cope with pressure and prioritise workload
- Able to grasp the strategic perspective as well as the tactical.
- Very good presentation and written communication skills.
- Calm, conciliatory approach to resolving conflict.
- Strong Risk Management capability
- Managing distributed teams with agility
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.