Sales Compensation Analytics Manager
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal seeks a business-savvy, data-driven, and action-oriented individual to join its Sales Compensation Analytics team. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert within the Sales Compensation COE and will work closely with Sales Ops, Sales Leadership, Regional Finance teams and Analytics teams to be a Partner on Sales Compensation. The role will work with Sales and Finance teams across Enterprise Sales, Inside Sales and Partner Sales in the EMEA region. Job Requirements:
- Develop a strong understanding of the compensation frameworks across Sales teams including the plan design and metrics being tracked as well as how the metrics are tied to Financial goals
- Work hand in hand with Sales Ops and Regional Finance teams to address compensation related requests
- Perform quarterly analysis on compensation performance and how it is tied to financial performance for each segment/ market
- Support on Analytics requests related to measurement of incremental revenue and changes to quota, Other Ad-hoc analysis related to Sales Compensation
- Support on Compensation Assessment and deep-dive
- Partner with the Reporting team to set up Sales metrics tracking and periodic checks to ensure validity of reports
- Ability to work with large quantities of data by using SQL as well as reporting tools such as Tableau.
- 5+ years of Analytics experience working with Sales/ Marketing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field.
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience with large datasets and analysis
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral; must be comfortable presenting to senior leaders as well as peers
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency a must
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience in e-commerce, payments industry is a strong plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.