Scrum Master, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. This C2MA Featuremart Scrum Master's key objective is to own the agile process to maximize the value created by the Team. The Scrum Master typically serves a single Team and the organization as a facilitator, teacher, coach, mentor, manager, impediment remover and change agent. Responsibilities
- Drives outcomes by facilitating agile ceremonies to maintain the discipline
- Represents the team at Scrum of Scrum ceremonies, and reports impediments requiring escalation
- Captures team level agile metrics for continuous team improvement
- Enables the team to make work visible to each other / stakeholders, and facilitates stakeholder engagement and reviews
- Provides a clear cross-team / cross-platform and 3rd party interaction model
- Ensures dependencies (across team, upstream / downstream) are understood, and required cross Team delivery is aligned and escalates unresolved dependencies as required
- Has expertise in the use of Enterprise Agile tool stack, and a working knowledge of the tools required to support the Software Engineering Lifecycle
- Ensures all impediments to the teams' progress are cleared and the team can focus on their work
- Manages risks, and ensures mitigations are identified and driven to resolution
- Builds own knowledge of the product / application(s) the Team delivers to support the Product Owner with Backlog Management
- Works with the Product Owner and Team to ensure the Product Backlog is "Ready" for the next Sprint (meets Definition of Ready)
- Builds trust within the Team and Stakeholders, by collaborating on shared goals and creating a "Safe-To-Fail" resilient Team culture
- Responsible for making sure the team lives by the values, principles and practices of agile
- Coaching the team to employ agile best practices and ensures all tools and methods are in place for teams' success
- Coaches the team for high performance creating a collaborative environment, and building a continuous improvement mindset within the team
- Protects the team to maintain focus on value delivery, reducing waste, preventing over committing and/or complacency, and ensuring space for innovation
- Ensures the Teams successes and failures are celebrated
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of Learning Opportunities such as Communities of Practice, Conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Strong Communication skills to communicate with operations and business effectively.
- Emotionally resilient with good negotiation skills
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors and subject matter experts is required.
- Candidate should have 10+ years overall experience in Banking/Technology, with strong working experience as Scrum Master in agile projects for at least 5 years.
- Deep experience in Agile methodologies and Data intensive projects.