Senior Analyst - Digital, Channels & Client Onboarding
Senior analyst, Application Support is a technical leadership SME function within Run-the-Bank team and provides the delivery of Production Support services for relevant Private Banking applications for users in Asia Pacific. He/She has ultimate responsibility for production stability and continual service improvement.
Senior analyst, Application Services is responsible for analyzing, managing and responding to queries from the user community, resolving the production incidents, providing oversight on business batches that run daily and supporting the development team with development of changes. Senior analyst will work with in a team that has ultimate responsibility for production stability and continual service improvement.
The candidate is required to work with key business users, manage 3rd Party vendors, internal developers and relevant business stakeholders in a professional manner. In addition, the candidate will support the team leader/ team head to perform proper RCA for all Applications Front-to-Back. He/She is expected to ensure proper resolution of production incidents (problem management and incident management) assigned and ensure problems are closely tracked and resolved in timely manner. Besides problem and incident resolution, he/she is responsible for responding to queries from the business users promptly, providing support on business batches that run daily and supporting the development team with development of changes.
The position entails driving and embracing the best practices of Application Support, while playing the crucial function in spearheading technical impact analysis, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to front or back office operations business process and systems.
- Possesses a good understanding in front to back flows and prior experience in working closely with stakeholders in the Front Office (Dealers, Client Advisors etc.) as well as Back Office (Operations etc.)
- Work with internal teams on resolutions to production incidents. Resolve the application specific and related processes (functional) issues, production incidents with a focus on Problem Management techniques in order to establish root cause. Make recommendations for permanent resolution of recurring incidents.
- Contribute to functional and technical specifications for outstanding system bugs or require enhancements. Play key role in prioritization of changes and tracking the delivery.
- Undertake testing of all application bug fixes and enhancements as part of the release management process.
- Provide on-call/on-site support on a rota basis and afterhours/weekend support as needed, covering application support and application change deployment.
- Prepare application training materials and provide training where necessary. Provide cross training to other members of the Application Support team.
- Work with Technology Architecture team to ensure through adequate system design that Technology operations risks can be minimized and that application data is appropriately structured, controlled and utilized within the business.
- Provide and demonstrate technical leadership to junior team member.
- Collaborate with relevant IT units to reduce level1/level 2 incidents and contain number of rollbacks.
- Degree in an IT related discipline
- 12+ years of work experience in Digital, Web technologies with Banking and Financial services organizations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, written) and Demonstrable analytical skills
- Should have experience in Application support and user query management (L1/L2).
- Experienced managing stakeholder from business and delivery.
- Should have implemented or supported Digital initiatives for financial services organizations.
- Basic knowloege of financial product is required.
- Should provide technical leadership for Digital applications for Private banking domain.
- Have the ability to manage 3rd party vendors, internal vendor and relevant IT teams like project/delivery/Infra.
- Problem solving mind-set - required for Incident and query management
- Good track record of work experience.
- Techincally sound in SQL/UNIX or LINUX, Windows,Control-M and have working experience handling weblogic/JBOSS or Websphere.